E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Console and Door Trim Removal - LCI SPORT Tran.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Needing to remove door and console wood trim on a 2008 LCI with the sport shifter. I've been searching through these post and can't seem to locate it now. I remember seeing a RHD instruction for a pre-LCI and was curious if this is the same. Anyway, if anyone has any instructions with pics, or just written would be nice before I dive in and break something.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

on pre-LIC models you have to take the door apart...two main screws and the rest are all clips....once you pop off the door card you can access the trim panels...they dont pop out...they are secured by little bolts.

look at the M5 mirror retrofit instructions in the DIY section and there is a how-to on opening up the doors. hopefully a lot of this remains true even for the LCI models....good luck.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

On the LCI it's just the horizontal strip below the window. It really looks as the trip should just pull out. I put a plastic tool under the edge and applied a little pressure but the trim did not move. This made me think there is something else securing it. Does anyone know if the console trim has screws? I'm recall seeing a couple near the gear shift but this was pre LCI. I would imagine they are all the same.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Senior Members

C'mon guys, surely someone knows out here...! Anyone have access to TIS? I'm thinking there are the two torx screws around the shifter but need to know if there are more.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by tonyb635
C'mon guys, surely someone knows out here...! Anyone have access to TIS? I'm thinking there are the two torx screws around the shifter but need to know if there are more.
You can access the online TIS as well!

Here:
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/e60/53...ody_equipment/

If you can't find something, please ask .

- Antti -
Old 10-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Anzafin
You can access the online TIS as well!

Here:
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/e60/53...ody_equipment/

If you can't find something, please ask .

- Antti -
Thanks Antti, but this doesn't appear to cover LCI. The gear shift I have is electronic sport and I am not sure if it pulls up to release... I'm thinking it's all tied together with the unit and comes out as one. Looks like I will have to ask someone at work to get the info on TIS for me. I was hoping that some one here has already removed this before and could share the info.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Thanks Antti, but this doesn't appear to cover LCI. The gear shift I have is electronic sport and I am not sure if it pulls up to release... I'm thinking it's all tied together with the unit and comes out as one. Looks like I will have to ask someone at work to get the info on TIS for me. I was hoping that some one here has already removed this before and could share the info.
Check out the SAT retrofit threads. Start with my signature. The shifter is really easy to take out.
PM if you want some more help and we'll get on the phone Sunday morning.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Check out the SAT retrofit threads. Start with my signature. The shifter is really easy to take out.
PM if you want some more help and we'll get on the phone Sunday morning.
Dang No Quarter, I knew you would come through...!!! Ok, I'll check out the links first. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Don't pull the door trims out. I did as I am currently changing my LCI wodd trim to silver trim.

I pulled the drivers door trim and completely fucked up the wood. Basically it is held by silver tabs or something on the other side of the door so the door panel should be removed and the silver tabs loosened before pulling the trim piece. You can follow the M5 mirrors DIY for the door panel removal.

For the console I followed this

https://5series.net/forums/topic/943...-change-guide/

It's for pre-LCI but didn't seem to make any difference
Old 10-16-2011, 04:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
Don't pull the door trims out. I did as I am currently changing my LCI wodd trim to silver trim.

I pulled the drivers door trim and completely fucked up the wood. Basically it is held by silver tabs or something on the other side of the door so the door panel should be removed and the silver tabs loosened before pulling the trim piece. You can follow the M5 mirrors DIY for the door panel removal.

For the console I followed this

https://5series.net/forums/topic/943...-change-guide/

It's for pre-LCI but didn't seem to make any difference
Thanks, one would think these trims just pull off like the dash piece, it looks just looks to easy. Glad to know that the door panel needs to come off before making that dreadful mistake though!