E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comfort Seats Versus 12-way Power Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 05:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY06 Silver-Grey 530i, Grey Leather, Sports Package, Steptronic, Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth (Motorola V551), Llumar Platinum Tint.

I'm sure this has been discussed a million times in the past so please forgive me. I am trying to determine what is the difference between the 12-way power seats included in the Sports Package versus the Comfort Seats. Originally I was not considering the Sports Package but would purchase the Comfort Seats instead but now I am thinking if I don't get the Nav Package (wife wants though) I could just get the Sports Package and still end up with seats that are better than the standard ones.

Could use a little help here! What do you think?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

I ordered the sport package and also the premium package (here in Canada, premium gives you the Comfort Seats) ... the dealer recommended I comfort seats (replacing the sport seats from the sport package) and I'm very please ... I have yet to read one person complaining about the comfort seats, their great!
Old 01-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Members

My Ride: MY06 Silver-Grey 530i, Grey Leather, Sports Package, Steptronic, Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth (Motorola V551), Llumar Platinum Tint.

Does anyone know if you get the comfort seats along with the premium package in the US on the 530?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

Comfort seats are not part of the premium package, it is a stand alone option and well worth the price.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I have a 545i w/ sport package (which includes sport seats). I like the sport seats more than the comfort seats, because the side bolsters (particularly those on the seat bottoms) are more deeply cut so they hold you in place better on twisties, and I like the design better (more sporty looking ) than comfort seats.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Originally Posted by stream' post='223749' date='Jan 13 2006, 10:17 AM
I have a 545i w/ sport package (which includes sport seats). I like the sport seats more than the comfort seats, because the side bolsters (particularly those on the seat bottoms) are more deeply cut so they hold you in place better on twisties, and I like the design better (more sporty looking ) than comfort seats.
Stream points out one of the main reasons to get one or the other seats. While the Comfort seats will hold you in better on the backside, the sport seats have the nice bottom side bolsters. However, that makes getting in and out of the car more of a chore (two of my friends with 545s said this was their biggest complaint with the seats).

So for me, I went with the comfort seats, cause I'm approaching 40 and I think that getting in and out of my daily driver should be easy
Old 01-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

Sport seats are great! These bolsters sure hald ya on the twisties! I don't really care much for Comfort seats.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

Originally Posted by D Eazy' post='223713' date='Jan 13 2006, 09:59 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed a million times in the past so please forgive me. I am trying to determine what is the difference between the 12-way power seats included in the Sports Package versus the Comfort Seats. Originally I was not considering the Sports Package but would purchase the Comfort Seats instead but now I am thinking if I don't get the Nav Package (wife wants though) I could just get the Sports Package and still end up with seats that are better than the standard ones.

To be short: sport seats - bad, comfort seats - good. CS can also act as Sport++.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I love the sports package, but I don't like the sport seats, they are too rough.
Regular seats are very comfortable already.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by D Eazy' post='223713' date='Jan 13 2006, 09:59 AM

I would decide how you see the car--more sporty or more of a luxury cruiser. If the later, I'd spring for NAV and comfort seats. Both will make the car nicer. If the former then, I'd also get the NAV--knowing that the sport seats will be excellent too. It would be sort of a shame to spend so much, but to stop a few $k from getting what both of you want.

Quick Reply: Comfort Seats Versus 12-way Power Seat