E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort seats are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the comfort seats that are offered, are they ventilated and have massage function? if so can you get the sport pkg with the comfort seats and pay extra for them? if so how much extra is the option?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I've got the comfort seats with ventilation and massage function and really love them. They are absolutely worth every cent.
I can't speak for US spec cars, but over here in Germany that's all available, but comfort seats are not automatically ventilated and they are not automatically "active" (massage), but you can order those options with them.
I don't know about the US spec.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

No ventillation or massage for US, but the seats are fantastic - worth every penny.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Contributors

Ventilation is available on US spec cars via priority one options (Black or Beige Nasca Leather required) to my understanding. No info on the massage. I think it is just on 7 series at this point.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

You're right CRRobert.

Check this thread for MY2005 options
Old 07-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Members

Talking

So comfort seats and Ventilated seats are 2 different things. What exactly are comfort seats and why pay more over the sport seats?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Contributors

You can get ventilation on the comfort seats. I don't know about the standard or sport seats.

Comfort seats have more adjustability.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

I had the same debate with myself sport vs comfort vs ventilated.
The ventilated seats appear to be a priority one option and are probably only avail. with comfort seats and definitely only with nasca. I asked my CA if they were avail. and he told me no, but as further info from previous posts has shown he was wrong (imagine that ). THey will probably cost a significant amount above the regular comfort seats. And I don't think they have a massage function in USA.
The main advantage in the comfort seats are the adjustable side bolsters, lumbar support, thigh support and headrest with whiplash protection.
I wish I could add more but my damn car isn't here yet !
From my test drives the comfort seats are worth the extra $$
Old 07-12-2004, 06:13 PM
sj3
Senior Members

The best part of the comf. seats, imho, is the ability to adjust the shoulder/upper back portion separately. I also love the headrest although I don't rest my head on it. They have cool "ears" that can fold forward to kind of 'encase' your noggin. The side bolsters also adjustable electrically, kind of creating a custom sport seat. The bolsters release/go flat when you open the door (shut the engine off?) so you can get in and out easily. Those seats, again imho, is the most comfortable car seat on the planet (just to be clear, I haven't tested them all!), and the auto press (at least one of them) agrees. I'm sorry I can't provide the reference. How come this wasn't a 'poll'?

Sam
Old 07-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gmartin' date='Jul 13 2004, 03:11 AM
I asked my CA if they were avail. and he told me no, but as further info from previous posts has shown he was wrong (imagine that ).
As I posted in another thread I just returned from a drivers training in Munich, where I was able to meet a couple ppl I know who work for BMW. While talking to them I found out I know more about the car ane the technology than they do. And, guess what, two of them are working in positions where they have responsibilities where you would think they know it better than I do. One of those guys was shaking his head and quite impressed, since I told him some things about the tech he didn't know, even though it's his responsibility...

IMAGINE THAT !

I guess this car's are just too high tech to know it all.

And this shows AGAIN how great this message board is !!!

Quick Reply: Comfort seats are they worth it?