E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read a post somewhere in which the poster felt the comfort seats took away from headroom and legroom. I am 6?6? (198 cm) and the fit in the sport seats I tested was great but I only had a smidge to spare on headroom. Is there any truth to comfort seats subtracting head or legroom?

Too much time to ponder order
Old 06-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Contributors

I too was concerned with headroom. I asked dealer to verify comfort seat did not cost me space. They reported from inquiry to germany that there was no difference. I do think seat style on seat edges might be different and that influences entry ease for me.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Jun 1 2004, 03:23 PM
I read a post somewhere in which the poster felt the comfort seats took away from headroom and legroom. I am 6?6? (198 cm) and the fit in the sport seats I tested was great but I only had a smidge to spare on headroom. Is there any truth to comfort seats subtracting head or legroom?

Too much time to ponder order
Haha, given your height of 6'6", you need to drive with the sun roof open so that you head can stick out above the roof and not hit the roof.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Members

You might want to avoid getting a sun roof, it takes away lots of head room

My last car was a 328ci and my head touched the roof there because I'm 6'3". I have comfort seats in my E60 now and feel like there is plenty of room above my head, you'd be best if you could get a seat in one though to check you like it.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:27 AM
Contributors

I'm 6'4" and a sunroof was too close for comfort (with standard seats) so I had advanced aircon instead
Old 06-02-2004, 03:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Jun 2 2004, 07:59 AM
Haha, given your height of 6'6", you need to drive with the sun roof open so that you head can stick out above the roof and not hit the roof.
That's what I have to do in our current car. Actually just the sunshade part which wouldn't be bad except the hole isn't wide enough to sit up straight

Thanks sg530, I hope your dealer is right!

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Hi

I have no sunroof but comfort seats. My boss drove my car, (he is 6' 5") with no problems.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Contributors

Good, you had me worried there for a second.. (1.95 mtrs and sunroof ordered)
Old 06-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Contributors

As a further bit of info;
I have a US car with Premium package which includes a sun roof that I did not want. However, I still fit with the seat all the way down. I don't list the sunroof as an option because I had no choice in the matter. I have a long torso like someone 6 6 high but stand 6 1. My main point is entry/exit ease with a bad back. I got the 530 because it was easiest for me to get in of many other cars. My one big peeve is the big and imovable rear view mirror. On my other cars I reglued the mount higher on the glass. This bmw mirror offers no height adjustment and blocks my view to the right. I want to rebuild the mount (expensive concept) but need an exploded view like one from a manual. I don't expect help from anybody on this.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Contributors

I thought the seat was suppose to release some how (flatten out) to allow for easier entry/exit? I have issue with most rearview mirrors too and just accepted it as a fact of life. I never actually considered fixing the problem. And if the passenger has their sun visor down forget about seeing anything to the right!

Quick Reply: Comfort Seats