E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort seat headrests

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just ordered a set of the comfort seat headrests for my car as I am fed up with the useless items fitted to the sport seats which come nowhere near the back of your head. The comfort seats have a neat little extension piece on the headrest which you can pull forward to provide support. I managed to get 15% discount from my dealer and they should arrive in about 1 week. Total price with discount should be ?210.

I saw the photos of the comfort headrest in auburn dakota leather on this website which helped me convince the dealer that they must be able to get them. The UK does not apparently get the option of comfort seats with dakato leather. The parts guy was really good and got BMW GB on the case who came up trumps with the european part number.

I will report back on how good they are when fitted.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

isuk

you can get dakota and comfort seats - it's what I ordered!!

jonboy
Old 04-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

jonboy,

I stand corrected as you have the physical proof although this may be an option that has been made available since my car was delivered last October.

I have a small UK brochure which details all of the options available and interior trim colours. It says that you can get comfort seats with Dakota leather. The large standard UK brochure says that comfort seats are only available with either Nasca or Exclusive leather. My dealer told me you couldn't get the dakota option and that the parts screen does not give an option to order the headrests in auburn dakota.

Just goes to show how dealers are misinformed and systems are not regularly updated.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Contributors

are comfort seats headrests not electrically adjustable (height)?

do You think they would fit standard seats also (ie not sports seats)

sorry if this appears a silly question but I liked the comfort seats headrests but comfort seats being somewhat thicker presented a problem with rear legroom for my kids hence getting standard seats. (I'm 6'3" !)
Old 04-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Yep, the Comfort + Dakota combination has been allowed since March build.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Please post pics as soon as the headrests are fitted.
Did the dealer say anything about how much work would be required to switch headrests?

-paasan
Old 04-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

The headrests on the sports seats are electrically adjusted as well but it is the supporting arms that move up and down inside the seat housing I believe so they should fit the standard seats as well.

The parts guy reckoned it should be pretty straight forward to swap the headrests over and he will get a technician to have at look at the car for me when I go in to collect them. If it is complex I'll let them do it.

A guy over on the roadfly board has already done this mod and that is what prompted me to do it. He seems to be pleased with the result.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

ISUK, I had a thought: Have you seen these headrests in the flesh?

The reason I ask is that the extension piece does not actually pull forward to support your head. What you can do is extend the corners to make a sort of concave shape, that "cradles" the head, but the headrest can be brought further forward in the comfort seat only because you have control over the upper backrest.

Didn't want you to spend your money unnecessarily otherwise.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:29 PM
stu
Members

I too, would be interested in the outcome of this...
Like ISUK - I'm surprised how far the std headrest remains from the back of the head! Perhaps not such a problem for the driver - but my missus couldn't get comfortable (when sleeping on a long journey) with her seat slightly reclined - due to the silly design of the headrest . Keep us posted ISUK!!! Thanks
Old 04-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Members

I will post pics next week when my car comes back from ED. I bought the parts for the headrest. Details and pics then....

Quick Reply: Comfort seat headrests