E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort or Multicontour seats, driver side more comfy than passenger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find the comfort seats on my 2008 550 to be excellent and comfortable, I had sport seats on the 454 and could not stand them.

But my wife tells me that she found the 545 seats more comfortable, so today, I had her drive (160 miles RT) and I sat on the passenger seat, and it felt different than the driver?s seat, I had lower back pain, played with the settings but could never make it feel as comfortable as the driver?s seat, and my wife felt the driver?s seat great.

So, is it possible that the two are different or may be something wrong with the passenger seat?

I guess it would be very hard to get the dealer to experience this, but there is definitely a difference.

Any suggestions or comments? Any one has experienced same or similar?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by Casper' post='529319' date='Feb 9 2008, 05:21 PM
I find the comfort seats on my 2008 550 to be excellent and comfortable, I had sport seats on the 454 and could not stand them.

But my wife tells me that she found the 545 seats more comfortable, so today, I had her drive (160 miles RT) and I sat on the passenger seat, and it felt different than the driver?s seat, I had lower back pain, played with the settings but could never make it feel as comfortable as the driver?s seat, and my wife felt the driver?s seat great.

So, is it possible that the two are different or may be something wrong with the passenger seat?

I guess it would be very hard to get the dealer to experience this, but there is definitely a difference.

I have a 535xiT on order with the Comfort and Sport packages. I still cant figure out what seats the car will come with and what the major difference is aside from the headrest. The very knowledgeable sales guy said I would be getting "the good ones". Confident that I'll be happy with either I decided to laugh it off. What is the difference?

As for your dilemma Casper, How attached are you to this particular wife? Sounds serious seeings as you gave up 160 miles of driving.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Casper' post='529319' date='Feb 9 2008, 05:21 PM

But my wife tells me that she found the 545 seats more comfortable, so today, I had her drive (160 miles RT) and I sat on the passenger seat, and it felt different than the driver's seat, I had lower back pain, played with the settings but could never make it feel as comfortable as the driver's seat, and my wife felt the driver's seat great.

I have found it takes up to a week to get the right adjustment with the Multi Contour Seat. You only had 160 miles and that might not be enough.

Yesterday and today a close friend of mine passengered on a drive and his comment (on the pax side) was that the seat was comfortable without requiring any adjustment at all.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gene1' post='529323' date='Feb 9 2008, 05:33 PM
I have a 535xiT on order with the Comfort and Sport packages. I still cant figure out what seats the car will come with and what the major difference is aside from the headrest. The very knowledgeable sales guy said I would be getting "the good ones". Confident that I'll be happy with either I decided to laugh it off. What is the difference?

As for your dilemma Casper, How attached are you to this particular wife? Sounds serious seeings as you gave up 160 miles of driving.

It was not by design, I always look forward to driving my 550, but this time I was feeling sick so she had to drive.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='529324' date='Feb 9 2008, 05:36 PM
I have found it takes up to a week to get the right adjustment with the Multi Contour Seat. You only had 160 miles and that might not be enough.

Yesterday and today a close friend of mine passengered on a drive and his comment (on the pax side) was that the seat was comfortable without requiring any adjustment at all.
The driver's side seat felt great from the first momeni I sat in it, especially coming from a 545 sport seat, I have 5000 miles and the seat is great.

But not so the passenger's.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

i have found the passenger seat to be the same comfort as the drivers. It does take a while to get it adjusted properly, especially the lumbar. I have found that bringing in the side bolsters improves the comfort of the lumbar. Since they automatically retract when the door is opened, I leave them quite far in all the time for extra side support.