E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort Access - Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i, Black Saphire, Black Nappa leather, Anthracite headliner, Convenience Pkg, Premium Pkg #2, Sport Pkg, Sport Auto, delivered 6/24/10 2011 X5 xDrive 35i Sport Activity, Black Sapphire, Black Nappa, Convenience Pkg. M Sport Pkg, Technology Pkg. Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Premium hi-fi system, delivered 4/26/10 Previous BMWs 2006 550i 2001 330ci 2003 745Li 2000 M5 2000 540i

I wasn't sure I would like it but ordered it anyway. Now I wouldn't order another car without it. It is just too easy to get in and hit the button.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Get it - it rocks. Got stuff in your hands and need to get into the trunk? Just reach down and press the trunk button with your finger. Same with the door handles - and basically the key can stay in your pocket forever.

$1K is a lot and yes, BMW should make it standard, but let's be real here, even at $1K we are talking nothing compared to what the car costs.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

I didn't order it on my car, but I didn't think this was such a hot topic!! haha
Old 01-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Members

OK, now this is going to sound real dumb. I have it on my 550. Getting into the car and starting it is cool, but when I get out and push the buttong to shut the car OFF, the engine turns off but the radio and everything else stays on. The only way to get them to shut off and lock is to take the key and press the lock button... Correct? That is what i have been doind for the last 6 weeks.

Also, when you are washing the car and the key is inside it, the car keeps locking and unlocking every time you run your hand past a handle. Beep... Beep Beep, Beep... Beep Beep! VERY ANNOYING!

Am I missing something?
Old 01-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FairfieldCT' post='378779' date='Jan 15 2007, 10:47 PM
OK, now this is going to sound real dumb. I have it on my 550. Getting into the car and starting it is cool, but when I get out and push the buttong to shut the car OFF, the engine turns off but the radio and everything else stays on. The only way to get them to shut off and lock is to take the key and press the lock button... Correct? That is what i have been doind for the last 6 weeks.

Also, when you are washing the car and the key is inside it, the car keeps locking and unlocking every time you run your hand past a handle. Beep... Beep Beep, Beep... Beep Beep! VERY ANNOYING!

Am I missing something?
You have to push the start/stop button twice I believe.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Originally Posted by FairfieldCT' post='378779' date='Jan 15 2007, 09:47 PM

Am I missing something?
You have to press the start/stop button twice - the second time turns off the accessories.
Don't keep key in your pants when washing car.
Turn off audio acknowledgement with iDrive
Old 01-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by FairfieldCT' post='378779' date='Jan 15 2007, 09:47 PM

Am I missing something?
I think you can program it to NOT BEEP, when locking, but still...... <_<
Seems like CA has a high cool factor , but in the real world, with the added negatives I am reading here, prolly not worth it.
Oh, well, I don't have it, and probably didn't know I needed it, unless I read this fora!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Members

Smile

Thanks so much! Now I have called my dealer twice on this. Why couldn't they have helped me???

I'm still sick about the facelift. I have the 550 sport and have been trying to decide if I can justify spending about 4K for the 172 rims and non run flats in the spring. Also, the carbon black is an old M3 color that is HOT! The car NEEDS a deeper exhaust. Now it is all available stock! My car doesn't have a thousand miles yet. It took all the joy out of my new car this time. Oh the PAIN!!! : (
Old 01-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FairfieldCT' post='378779' date='Jan 15 2007, 10:47 PM
Getting into the car and starting it is cool, but when I get out and push the buttong to shut the car OFF, the engine turns off but the radio and everything else stays on. The only way to get them to shut off and lock is to take the key and press the lock button... Correct?
The best way to deal with that is press and hold the start/stop button until the radio turns off (~2-3 seconds). Or, do what others here have said and press the button twice. Pressing the button once is similar to turning an old style key from the on/running position to the ACC position.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I never lock my car with the button on the remote. I always just place a finger on the key hole on the drivers side to lock the car.

As for completely shutting off the car, 2 taps and you're set. Or just one, get out, place a finger on the key hole to lock the car and walk away.

Quick Reply: Comfort Access - Yes or No?