E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort access

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If BMwow does it the right way, it will be welcome !

I would love to have it. Specially, some one mentioned it already, when it is raining or snowing and i can not wait to get in the car.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Actually your points are well taken. After more thinking I guess I dont like confort access as much as I thought I did I just like the push start with out having to use the key and twist. (*Just Me*)

After experiencing the MB Keyless go.

1. I dont like the idea of having to push the door handle button to lock the door which means I'll have to wait till everyone gets out of the car then push it or take out the key which is comfortablly in my pocket. Regular set up the key is already in my hand since I had to pull it out of the ignition.

2. I dont like how when you walk up to the car any one of the doors can be pulled open I like the selective unlocking right now.

3. I wouldnt be happy if I walked up to the car and pulled the handle and it didnt open. Pulling it 2 or 3 times would annoy me more than having to push they key 2 or 3 times because I'll look like an idiot trying to get into someone elses car. Or people will think I dont know how to unlock my own car

Soooooooooooo I guess the only plus for me is the push start w/out having to use the key. So as of now I dont know if I would get that option if it was available... I already like start assist that we have now the twist once and let go.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 07:37 AM
There were some rumours that e60 cud get comfrot access this fall. How usefull is it in your opinion? For reference it costs 600 EUR for 1- and 3 -series. I was? upset that anyway when getting in or out of the car you have to press on the driver's door handle to lock/unlock the car, thus loosing a lot of presumed convenience.?
[snapback]97517[/snapback]
Whats comfort access?
Old 03-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 5 2005, 11:21 PM
[quote name='igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 07:37 AM']There were some rumours that e60 cud get comfrot access this fall. How usefull is it in your opinion? For reference it costs 600 EUR for 1- and 3 -series. I was? upset that anyway when getting in or out of the car you have to press on the driver's door handle to lock/unlock the car, thus loosing a lot of presumed convenience.?
[snapback]97517[/snapback]
Whats comfort access?
[snapback]97696[/snapback]
[/quote]
Keyless-Go
Old 03-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

BMW Option Code S007A

Stinger missiles

$250,000 each
Old 03-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

BMW Option Code S007A

Stinger missiles

$250,000 each
Old 03-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 12:16 PM
I think in case of e60 it cud be just comfort access without start-up button (coz it might be costly to modify the dash and other things for it). Then you will still have to fumble with for keys inside the car at least.
[snapback]97592[/snapback]

no, its just like on the E65, no key inside the car either, just a push button start when key is within range... at this point its coming out in the fall when the new v8 (or v8s) will be offered... to me its worth looking into...
Old 03-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 5 2005, 03:12 PM
Actually your points are well taken. After more thinking I guess I dont like confort access as much as I thought I did I just like the push start with out having to use the key and twist. (*Just Me*)

After experiencing the MB Keyless go.

1. I dont like the idea of having to push the door handle button to lock the door which means I'll have to wait till everyone gets out of the car then push it or take out the key which is comfortablly in my pocket. Regular set up the key is already in my hand since I had to pull it out of the ignition.

2. I dont like how when you walk up to the car any one of the doors can be pulled open I like the selective unlocking right now.

3. I wouldnt be happy if I walked up to the car and pulled the handle and it didnt open. Pulling it 2 or 3 times would annoy me more than having to push they key 2 or 3 times because I'll look like an idiot trying to get into someone elses car.? Or people will think I dont know how to unlock my own car

Soooooooooooo I guess the only plus for me is the push start w/out having to use the key. So as of now I dont know if I would get that option if it was available... I already like start assist that we have now the twist once and let go.?
[snapback]97666[/snapback]

Good points
A couple of comments.. Correct me if I am wrong:
1. If we were to have it in e60 with a start-up button (together with Comfort access) then we do not have to put the key(unit) into the ignition, so we do not have to touch the key(unit) by hand (just keep it in a pocket)?Or we still have to insert and pull the unit out of the dash?
2. In the garage they showed to me how it works in new 3-series. You should just touch the specific spot on the driver's door handle to lock/unlock the car. But then there is a question of unauthorised access to my car while I am in the proximity to the car but still could be some meters away from it.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by m630' date='Mar 5 2005, 05:16 PM
[quote name='igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 12:16 PM']

I think in case of e60 it cud be just comfort access without start-up button (coz it might be costly to modify the dash and other things for it). Then you will still have to fumble with for keys inside the car at least.
[snapback]97592[/snapback]

no, its just like on the E65, no key inside the car either, just a push button start when key is within range... at this point its coming out in the fall when the new v8 (or v8s) will be offered... to me its worth looking into...
[snapback]97721[/snapback]
[/quote]

I do not understand then why in 1-series and 3-series with Comfort access option they still retain special place in the dash to insert the unit. What is it for in this case?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Mar 5 2005, 06:22 PM
My wife complains about the hard sport seats.? I regret not getting the comfort seats.
[snapback]97596[/snapback]
Hormazd,

indeed it's a pitty, I have the comfort seats and I can assure you when adjusting them to the sportiest settings you have more support than with any sport seats, you can't move your back one millimeter it's almost annoying, but tight and firm

the lady will ofcourse enjoy the comfort in normal setting

Quick Reply: Comfort access