E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort access

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 03:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D

There were some rumours that e60 cud get comfrot access this fall. How usefull is it in your opinion? For reference it costs 600 EUR for 1- and 3 -series. I was upset that anyway when getting in or out of the car you have to press on the driver's door handle to lock/unlock the car, thus loosing a lot of presumed convenience.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Contributors

I'm looking forward to it because I hate fumbling for keys and sometimes have 1 or 2 things I'm carrying which makes it difficult, especially if it's raining.

Originally Posted by igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 05:37 AM
There were some rumours that e60 cud get comfrot access this fall. How usefull is it in your opinion? For reference it costs 600 EUR for 1- and 3 -series. I was? upset that anyway when getting in or out of the car you have to press on the driver's door handle to lock/unlock the car, thus loosing a lot of presumed convenience.?
[snapback]97517[/snapback]
Old 03-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Senior Members

Personally I wouldn't bother. In part perhaps based on my friends massive set of problems in his MB with keyless go. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Sometimes the alarm went off instead. I saw no convenience, just more hassle.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I had it on my E55 and while it was pretty cool, it was not cheap ($1,000--it was ordered on the car I bought from dealer inventory). It also had a beeping and message on the dash every time you turned the car off, reminding you to not leave the key in the car (reminded me of the lawyer screen on iDrive), which the dealer could not turn off--very annoying.

It didn't always work right away--sometimes I ended up having to pull the handle more than once to open the door. The other thing I didn't like was the range was very limited, so my kids always seemed to get to the car before I got close enough for the car to recognize my key, so I usually ended up having to press the button to unlock the car for them. I wouldn't get it again unless it was just a few hundred $.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 04:37 AM
There were some rumours that e60 cud get comfrot access this fall. How usefull is it in your opinion? For reference it costs 600 EUR for 1- and 3 -series. I was? upset that anyway when getting in or out of the car you have to press on the driver's door handle to lock/unlock the car, thus loosing a lot of presumed convenience.?
Its not going to open the door for you too! Its just a swipe of the handle.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 5 Rakete' date='Mar 5 2005, 10:09 AM
I'm looking forward to it because I hate fumbling for keys and sometimes have 1 or 2 things I'm carrying which makes it difficult, especially if it's raining.

[quote name='igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 05:37 AM']There were some rumours that e60 cud get comfrot access this fall. How usefull is it in your opinion? For reference it costs 600 EUR for 1- and 3 -series. I was? upset that anyway when getting in or out of the car you have to press on the driver's door handle to lock/unlock the car, thus loosing a lot of presumed convenience.?
[snapback]97559[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think in case of e60 it cud be just comfort access without start-up button (coz it might be costly to modify the dash and other things for it). Then you will still have to fumble with for keys inside the car at least.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='Mar 5 2005, 10:43 AM
I had it on my E55 and while it was pretty cool, it was not cheap ($1,000--it was ordered on the car I bought from dealer inventory).? It also had a beeping and message on the dash every time you turned the car off, reminding you to not leave the key in the car (reminded me of the lawyer screen on iDrive), which the dealer could not turn off--very annoying.?

It didn't always work right away--sometimes I ended up having to pull the handle more than once to open the door.? The other thing I didn't like was the range was very limited, so my kids always seemed to get to the car before I got close enough for the car to recognize my key, so I usually ended up having to press the button to unlock the car for them.? I wouldn't get it again unless it was just a few hundred $.
[snapback]97575[/snapback]
Kids and my wife are exactly my concern too coz sometimes their are first to get in and very often they are late to get out gathering all their belongings from the car.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

My wife complains about the hard sport seats. I regret not getting the comfort seats.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Mar 5 2005, 10:45 AM
[quote name='igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 04:37 AM']There were some rumours that e60 cud get comfrot access this fall. How usefull is it in your opinion? For reference it costs 600 EUR for 1- and 3 -series. I was? upset that anyway when getting in or out of the car you have to press on the driver's door handle to lock/unlock the car, thus loosing a lot of presumed convenience.?
Its not going to open the door for you too! Its just a swipe of the handle.
[snapback]97576[/snapback]
[/quote]

Anyway when touching the driver's door handle I wud automatically lock/unlock the car.
Another advantage I see that we cud very often easilly get scratches on the driver's door when fumbling with the keys in hand.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:33 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by igor' date='Mar 5 2005, 01:37 PM
I friend of mine once left his keyless-go MB to the parking guy at the airport. When his flight arrived at it's destination he had like one million messages on his phone from the parking firm. He had forgotten to give them the transponder thing...

Quick Reply: Comfort access