E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Which color?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Hi all,

I'm amazed about the quality of this forum. Probably the best in the net, as far as BMW is the matter. I should thank you all the forumists that borrowed to answer my previous questions about quality problems and herr professor Iceman for his vast knowledge of any E60 matter (I posted a few messages using ML59 nickname).

Since I'm planning to change my 530d with a new 535d before summer, I would appreciate any suggestion about colors: which is in your opinion the best combination of external/internal colors?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Contributors

welcome Lucky

...colors are soo subjective, but given the option that you have in the rest of the world , get an M-sport in CarbonBlack with Black leather....

the perfect stealth combo, imho
Old 02-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by m630' date='Feb 23 2005, 10:24 PM
welcome Lucky?

...colors are soo subjective, but given the option that you have in the rest of the world , get an M-sport in CarbonBlack with Black leather....

the perfect stealth combo, imho?
[snapback]93647[/snapback]
Yah, that's my same feeling. Add tinted windows and you'll have the coolest sedan on the planet! But what about carbon black and grey interiors?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Members

My Ride: E39 525d, orient blue with beige interior. Planing on getting an E60 535d next summer when my lease on my E39 is over :)

Carbon black, black interior, but what kine of wood trim???
Old 02-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Mystic blue with gray leather and gray wood. The blue has a real spark, really makes it stand out. It is refined looking, and sedate, but the blue just advertises a little bit just how sporty the car is. I don't regret my color combo at all.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

Lucky,

You have choosen an issue that is very personal, however, the only real logical choice is to select Auburn Brown interior. Auburn is the only selection for the interior which gets you an uncommon color and is more like the BMW Individual without the high price.

Then you only have to decide which color is the exterior which you like to combine with Auburn interior.

So there you have it.

You can see the colors in the e60.net gallery with exterior and interior color photos.

Just make sure you select the correct color....
Old 02-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Senior Members

What you have to do is go look at cars on dealers lots, and find a combo you like. Let me tell you though, the beige interior leather has got to be the most difficult leather to keep clean I've ever experienced. Because of the 'graininess' of the leather, the raised parts get dirty first, and the recessed 'grain' remains clean. This makes any dirty sections show up right away, and I'm cleaning my leather every few weeks. What a pain.

I do think it looks the best though. I would have gone Auburn, but I didn't like the gray roof liner with black and Auburn. If I could have had a black roofliner, I would have gone with Auburn.

Exterior, Silver is the best dirt color, but the car looks a little bit larger in silver, and the lines are more distinct. Black is a terrible dirt color, but the car looks more compact, and the lines blend better. I think the car definitely looks best in Black.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 525i SilverGray/Black Step/Nav/Cold/Premium/Xenons

Lucky,
Either Silver or Silvergray with black interior, best combo to keep clean & looking sharp!!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Yeah, the silver colors hide the dirt very well. I hadn't seen them before I bought but I like the Titanium Grey and the Olivine Green as well. I always go for black interiors but I also like the Auburn - maybe next time.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Contributors

If you're a clean freak, (Like me ), Jet Black, black leather, anthracite trim is the deepest, darkest, baddest: just my very biased opinion.

Quick Reply: Which color?