E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

COLOR

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 02:02 AM
HAJ
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need help in ordering my new 5 series. Any recommendation on deciding between titanium grey and orient blue. I have seen few threads on this and was wondering if somebody would have actual pictures as on the BMWUSA website you don't get a good feel of the color.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by HAJ' date='Aug 11 2004, 04:02 AM
Need help in ordering my new 5 series. Any recommendation on deciding between titanium grey and orient blue. I have seen few threads on this and was wondering if somebody would have actual pictures as on the BMWUSA website you don't get a good feel of the color.
Here's a link to some pictures of the Titanium Gray that I took and posted a few months ago:

>>>>Click Here for Pics of Titanium Gray<<<<

You can also go to the exterior picture section of this website's' gallery section for pictures of both colors. Here are the links:

>>>>Click for Orient Blue<<<<

>>>>>Clcik for more Titanium Gray<<<<

I think the car in the first 3 pictures of the last link is the original Titanium Gray, which had some green in it. The car in the last 4 pictures in that link and the ones in the first link are the newer Titanium Gray II which has most if not all the green taken out.

I ordered the Titanium Gray for my 2005 545i, so if you ask me IMO it is better than Orient Blue. But that's just an opinion.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:39 AM
HAJ
Members

Thanks. These pictures, ones you took, are great. I have been going back and forth on Silver, Silver gray and Titanium Grey. My wife likes Silver and I think its too common and the problem with Silver gray is it looks nice in dark but in sunlight it has the blue shade which I dont like. The pictures I had seen of Titanium grey had bit of green in it which i didn't like at all. Good to know its been taken out.

I was also recommended Orient Blue with beige interior. Which i think looks nice but would be difficult to mantain. Only two colors I have seen are silver and silver gray.

If you have any tips or suggestions in deciding for color, that would be much appreciated.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Senior Members

IMO, T Grey is by far the best color for the E60. It's one of those colors that changes in different light. I think it's really a classy look.

My Titanium Grey with Stle 89 wheels.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:27 AM
Members

I ordered an Orient Blue with Beige interior, gorgeous and looks very nice.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Titanium grey looks better in most light imho, in Very bright sunshine, blue has it but as its rarely sunny in scotland and I dislike beige, I had to go tit. grey/black

Thats mine.....TOB 77S reg

DDE
Old 08-11-2004, 05:38 AM
Senior Members

I think the titanium gray is the sharpest exterior - I would have gotten it if it went with the beige interior. How are you with a black or gray interior. If you're ok with that, I'd get the gray. If you really like the beige interior better, I'd get that with the blue (and yes, it will be much harder to maintain).
Old 08-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Oreint Blue fan myself. Check out my signiture website. Grey interior.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Members

i had a hard time choosing between exactly the same colors: titanium gray and orient blue.

i liked orient blue better, but wound up getting gray because it's slightly (just slightly) easier to take care of.....doesn't look as grubby after a couple days without a wash.

of course the better solution would have been to go with the color i liked and take better care of it!

good luck with your decision
Old 08-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

We chose between Titanium Silver and Silver Grey.

Both the Silver Grey and Orient Blue look cool but the Titanium Silver just seems to glow when it's all polished and waxed. Also much easier to maintain.

Quick Reply: COLOR