E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cold weather

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

My car was recently updated to 13.3, and now with the onset of really cold weather i have noticed not only does my ventlation heater only gets luke warm on max 85 anything less and it blows cold air even on notch back, it does not matter whether i have it on auto and the red idrive bars on full, but now i have also noticed that my steering wheel, and my seats now only get luke warm almost not even noticeably warm has anyone else noticed this sinario i will be takeing the car back once again to the dealer next week for a check up, i have had the car since last October when it was cold so i really notice the difference and i dont like the change is it possible to program the steppers and vent system to your likeing?

The heat on my e34 will literally run you out of the car from any vent combination or individual vents
Old 11-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

From the topvents I also get cooler air. from the lower vents at your feet comes warm air. BMW did this so you will stay fresh during wintertime and will not fall asleep when driving with warm air blown in your face.

My seatheating works great. I find I never use it with 3 lights on because it is too hot for me (my wife loves to have it fully on). So your seats should become very warm.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

well i for one would like to have the ability to blow my air where i want , and even the heat that comes in from the floor is only luke warm. And as for the seats and steering wheel they are only slightly warm not like it was before the last update. before i had to switch down the seat heaters to one light now with the 3 lights on i can barely feel anything i even got into the car last night with just my scivies in and the seats only got luke warm thanks though for the insite by the way does your heat work on anything less than the max 85 mine is cold 82 or less