E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Coding Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I am checking to see if anyone has seen this issue. I have to start from the beginning of this project so that everything is clear. I want to shout a special thanks to Chase and David for ALL of their help!!!
I recently purchased a CCC upgrade that came from Germany. When I installed it everything seemed to work with the exception of a few things.

1. SAT Radio ? no longer visible or working
2. iPod system in console ? no longer visible or working
3. TPM ? showed Flat Tyre Monitor and had no control to reset. Low tire actually reset after adding air and driving.

As far as I remember, my FM, AM and WB were still properly displayed in the screen and worked. I had actually programmed the presets to the FM when I installed the unit.

Earlier this week we added $609 for coding and the SAT returned and functioned normally. The two AUX for the iPod was still inactive. I?ve always had two AUX inputs display but only worked the iPod. Not sure what the other one did. In Cappl I located an AUX/USB for the iPod and changed it to aktiv and the Ipod functions returned. The following morning after the car went to asleep the TPM returned as normal and can now be reset. At this point I thought all was where it was supposed to be.

PROBLEM: The following morning when I got in my car to go to work I noticed the radio was off. I didn?t think too much about it. I pushed the power button several time but no sound, then I pressed the preset 1 and it came on. The radio remained on until I turn the car off. When I returned to the car to go home, the same thing happened. This was a direct repeat from the morning drive. Next, I tried trouble shooting to determine why this is happening. What I found was, if I turned the car off and I was listening to SAT and then restarted all was ok and SAT radio started back up just like it?s supposed to. The same thing happens with a CD (all ok). So, anytime I am in the normal radio function (FM) is when this occurs.

Last night in Cappl fsw psw man profile we sent a blank .man file looking for a reset. The only thing I can see that occurred is, I now have only one AUX and it still runs the iPod. So everything seems to be ok, except for the radio.
I also noticed in the Idrive screen that the FM, AM and WB is slightly lighter in color than the others. It?s not real obvious though, but you can see it. Again, anytime I scroll over it with the orange box and then press down with the controller to select it nothing happens.
If anyone has any thoughts please share.
Coding Help Needed-ccc-screen.jpg
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the DIY section. More coding answers there bud.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:14 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Might sound a bit silly but have you checked the aerial black one is plugged in as when I was trial fitting my CCC I could see the radio but couldn't seek then I realised the aerial wasn't plugged in as soon as I plugged it back in I could seek and hear radio
Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I am checking to see if anyone has seen this issue. I have to start from the beginning of this project so that everything is clear. I want to shout a special thanks to Chase and David for ALL of their help!!!
I recently purchased a CCC upgrade that came from Germany. When I installed it everything seemed to work with the exception of a few things.

1. SAT Radio ? no longer visible or working
2. iPod system in console ? no longer visible or working
3. TPM ? showed Flat Tyre Monitor and had no control to reset. Low tire actually reset after adding air and driving.

As far as I remember, my FM, AM and WB were still properly displayed in the screen and worked. I had actually programmed the presets to the FM when I installed the unit.

PROBLEM: The following morning when I got in my car to go to work I noticed the radio was off. I didn?t think too much about it. I pushed the power button several time but no sound, then I pressed the preset 1 and it came on. The radio remained on until I turn the car off. When I returned to the car to go home, the same thing happened. This was a direct repeat from the morning drive. Next, I tried trouble shooting to determine why this is happening. What I found was, if I turned the car off and I was listening to SAT and then restarted all was ok and SAT radio started back up just like it?s supposed to. The same thing happens with a CD (all ok). So, anytime I am in the normal radio function (FM) is when this occurs.
How did you resolve this? I am having the same problem. I am not doing an upgrade though, I replaced the logic 7 amp. I have door chimes and bluetooth, but only AUX lights up but even if I plug in my ipod I still do not get any sound. While the amp was out I could choose anything in the Entertainment folder, I am not sure exactly when it sopped.