E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clue me in....please

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

It's the best car I've ever owned and there are not many I would take instead.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Members

My Ride: At sea: 2005 545i sport, SMG, cold weather, Logic 7, nav, HUD, heated rear seats, sat prep - black sapphire

A lot of the bad press about the E60 centers around i-drive. True, it takes some getting accustomed to, but in short order, you'll find that i-drive is very intuitive. Magazine writers who spend just a couple of days (or less) in a car that challenges them seem to get turned off by i-drive.

Like most quality experiences, you need put forth some effort to maximize your enjoyment.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Members

My Ride: At sea: 2005 545i sport, SMG, cold weather, Logic 7, nav, HUD, heated rear seats, sat prep - black sapphire

Originally Posted by eleven' date='Feb 4 2005, 05:46 PM
A lot of the bad press about the E60 centers around i-drive.? True, it takes some getting accustomed to, but in short order, you'll find that i-drive is very intuitive.? Magazine writers who spend just a couple of days (or less) in a car that challenges them seem to get turned off by i-drive.?

Like most quality experiences, you need put forth some effort to maximize your enjoyment.

[snapback]86912[/snapback]

Except, maybe, getting a massage from Angelina Jolie...
Old 02-04-2005, 03:27 PM

Or Shania Twain
Old 02-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by eleven' date='Feb 4 2005, 03:46 PM
A lot of the bad press about the E60 centers around i-drive.? True, it takes some getting accustomed to, but in short order, you'll find that i-drive is very intuitive.? Magazine writers who spend just a couple of days (or less) in a car that challenges them seem to get turned off by i-drive.?

[snapback]86912[/snapback]
Agreed re iDrive.. And with nav w/ voice command, it's great.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Voice Command is great..... when it works.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I've had a few issues (read "TWO" steering racks) which had my car in the shop for 8 and 14 days on two separate occasions Aside from that and a few minor glitches, this is the best car that I have ever had! I have no regrets! My dealership (BMW of Peabody, MA) is great and my service advisor is not only knowledgeable but he actually cares!
The car is very capable and the power is great.
And...No car is going to be problem-free.

I feel that most of us here try to help others by sharing our issues and occasionally come up with common problems with the goal of finding a common solution. There are a few (that's VERY few) that show up here just to complain - but that's rare.

This car is not crap! It's a great blend of art and machine!
Some people get it and some don't. As far as I'm concerned, the fewer I see on the road, the better it is for me. (YMMV, my $0.02, IMHO, rant, etc.)
Old 02-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by iperk222' date='Feb 4 2005, 05:04 PM
I am new to this site and am really glad that I found it. Lot's of some very useful info. However, for people that? have their own website and seem enthralled with your cars, I have to know something.? Are these new bimmers made like crap??? I have a 2002 530i now that I am trading in for a new '05 545i. Is this a mistake? I have been reading many topics about all the problems everyone is either having or had with these new models. Are these just the first year growing pains, or am in for a long annoying ride with my new 545?? For example,? rattles, squeaks, broken this and that, computer software problems, bluetooth probs, radio probs, engine stallings, ...Stop...I can't atke anymore...? Guys...What am I in for?? I hope there is some positives about this car....? Talk to me.... ? ?
[snapback]86825[/snapback]

Welcome to our family, Your in for the best ride of your life . We are a critical bunch.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Members

Well, if I got a second chance I would not get the active steering. It's probably great but when combined with dynamic drive and runflats the car isn't very nice to drive, travels from side to side at low and medium speeds, depending on road surface quality.

I must say I'm very disappointed with the overall quality of the car, I had expected so much more from BMW. But as this is my first BMW, I have no reference from earlier models.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

545i is a great car.. I regret myself getting a 530i earlier...

Quick Reply: Clue me in....please