E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clue me in....please

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue Metallic, Auburn Leather, Sport Pkg., NAV, Sat Radio, L7.

I am new to this site and am really glad that I found it. Lot's of some very useful info. However, for people that have their own website and seem enthralled with your cars, I have to know something. Are these new bimmers made like crap??? I have a 2002 530i now that I am trading in for a new '05 545i. Is this a mistake? I have been reading many topics about all the problems everyone is either having or had with these new models. Are these just the first year growing pains, or am in for a long annoying ride with my new 545? For example, rattles, squeaks, broken this and that, computer software problems, bluetooth probs, radio probs, engine stallings, ...Stop...I can't atke anymore... Guys...What am I in for? I hope there is some positives about this car.... Talk to me....
Old 02-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Man
Members

My Ride: 2005 525 Silver Gray/Black, Step, Premium, Cold, Xeon, 18" wheels

It is not a mistake. It is a great car. Are there small little problems? Sometimes. Overall, it is a great machine that will bring a smile to your face.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

The great thing about e60 forum is that owners help other owners with problems, but it's like being a priest taking confession, your only hearing the sins, not how great things are ...
Old 02-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

There's no other sports sedan that even comes close. We just love our cars so much that we want them to be perfect.

Welcome to the E60 club. Be careful, it's addictive!!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Canada545' date='Feb 4 2005, 01:09 PM
The great thing about e60 forum is that owners help other owners with problems, but it's like being a priest taking confession, your only hearing the sins, not how great things are ...?
[snapback]86827[/snapback]
Bingo! It's also like that on every other web forum I've frequented (Porsche, Mercedes, etc.). If you read any of these boards, you'd never buy one of these cars because people discuss issues they're having. And while there are posts that talk about how much they love their car, for the most part there's lots more discussion about issues and how to resolve them.

I've only had it for 2 weeks, but so far I'm loving my '05 545i!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue Metallic, Auburn Leather, Sport Pkg., NAV, Sat Radio, L7.

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Feb 4 2005, 04:11 PM
There's no other sports sedan that even comes close.? We just love our cars so much that we want them to be perfect.?

Welcome to the E60 club.? Be careful, it's addictive!!
[snapback]86831[/snapback]
Thank you.... I think I am already getting addicted. My '02 530i has been awesome. Basically zero probs. Looking forward to next month when the new one arrives.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

Would not trade her in for anything, except maybe an 2009 or 2010 550i!

We shall see.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

I Love my 545!

I also traded in a 02 530 for a 545. There has been some negative press because there is so much new technology in this car that it takes a while, press included, to get used to.

These E39 5 series was considered the benchmark sports sedan, there was no better car. The first time I drove my 545 I asked myself, is this a better car than the last one? The answer is a resounding yes! It has better technology, it drives better, it handles better, it is faster.

The problem I think is that the last 5 series had a clear edge over the competition; Mercedes, Lexus, Audi etc. could not have even come close. I think they have been closing the gap, however. But the 5er is still the better car. Today I drove past an Audi A6 and a Infiniti M45, and I still feel my car is better.

Every new car, especially one with new technology, has its hiccups. This is why I never buy a car during the first model year. They do get corrected, however. Don't have any regrets. Everytime I press the pedal to the floor in my 545 I get a smile on my face, and I look for excuses to drive it.

Make no mistake, short of the M5, the 545 is the best sports sedan on the planet and the best sports sedan ever made.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Premium Sound, Sport PKG,6 Disc CD Changer. Navigation, Folding rear seats, Steptronic, 35% Tinted windows, Essort SRX Radar/Laser detector.

I had the same issuse when i fisrt came to this site. The bottom line is it is the greatest sedan made. No problems on my end so far. Enjoy !!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KenTO' date='Feb 4 2005, 04:55 PM
I Love my 545!

I also traded in a 02 530 for a 545.? There has been some negative press because there is so much new technology in this car that it takes a while, press included, to get used to.

These E39 5 series was considered the benchmark sports sedan, there was no better car.? The first time I drove my 545 I asked myself, is this a better car than the last one?? The answer is a resounding yes!? It has better technology, it drives better, it handles better, it is faster.

The problem I think is that the last 5 series had a clear edge over the competition; Mercedes, Lexus, Audi etc. could not have even come close.? I think they have been closing the gap, however.? But the 5er is still the better car.? Today I drove past an Audi A6 and a Infiniti M45, and I still feel my car is better.

Every new car, especially one with new technology, has its hiccups.? This is why I never buy a car during the first model year.? They do get corrected, however.? Don't have any regrets.? Everytime I press the pedal to the floor in my 545 I get a smile on my face, and I look for excuses to drive it.

Make no mistake, short of the M5, the 545 is the best sports sedan on the planet and the best sports sedan ever made.
[snapback]86852[/snapback]
Well said (both about the E39 and the E60).

Quick Reply: Clue me in....please