E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Clock reset. Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 M5 CP
Thumbs up

Got into my car this morning on my way to work and noticed that the clock was not set. I also noticed that my mpg and the miles beside the odometer was also reset and the date was off by a day. I set everything up to the current time and date. When I went to lunch everything was fine. Got back into my car after lunch (about an hour later) and the clock, mpg and miles were reset again. This also affected the automatic parked operation for the AC (morning and lunch).

Brought it to the dealer but could not leave it as they didn't have a loaner car.

Has this happened to anybody else?

(My car: '08 550i)
Old 06-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

No problems on my LCI 535i like that. Could be a power draining/battery issue. You have anything plugged into the car? While it's in park?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Contributors

Only thing plugged in is my ipod, but that shouldn't be pulling too much power from the battery.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by patb23' post='606232' date='Jun 19 2008, 07:08 PM
Only thing plugged in is my ipod, but that shouldn't be pulling too much power from the battery.

NO you are right, that should turn off when the car goes into sleep mode...GL with it, keep us posted...
Old 06-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

UNREAL!!!! I was just going to post this. it happend to me today once... same exact thing. The car error actually said the battery was disconnected and the time and date had to be reset (but the date stayed). MPG and clock were zeroed out. Can anyone help with this??

It also happend 3 days ago, but I thought I did something. What could this be?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='606235' date='Jun 19 2008, 10:20 PM
UNREAL!!!! I was just going to post this. it happend to me today once... same exact thing. The car error actually said the battery was disconnected and the time and date had to be reset (but the date stayed). MPG and clock were zeroed out. Can anyone help with this??

It also happend 3 days ago, but I thought I did something. What could this be?
Mine didn't give an error message like that, but it had the little triangle warning symbol that went away when I set the time.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)
Question

Originally Posted by patb23' post='606237' date='Jun 19 2008, 10:24 PM
Mine didn't give an error message like that, but it had the little triangle warning symbol that went away when I set the time.
Before I reset the time, I went to the info center and loked at error reading and thats what it said. Odd. Hope this isnt a symptom of something greater.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='606239' date='Jun 19 2008, 10:25 PM
Before I reset the time, I went to the info center and loked at error reading and thats what it said. Odd. Hope this isnt a symptom of something greater.
Probably should have checked the info center, but didn't think about it until I set everything back up. If it happens again in the morning (hopefully it won't) I'll check the info center before setting everything again.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='606239' date='Jun 19 2008, 10:25 PM
After cleaning my car this afternoon, I got the clock reset again. This time I checked the info center and I got the same error message that you got, that the battery was disconnected. I think I may have figured out what caused the clock to reset along with the other things that I listed. It's been about a month and a half maybe 2 months when I started using the automatic parked car operation for the AC, since it started getting into the 100+ degree weather. I was using that about 5 times a day twice a day, didn't think this would do too much harm since I was setting the times when I would be going to lunch or leaving work. I guess using this option that many times may have caused the drain of the battery.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have comfort access? Being in close proximity to the car, like when cleaning, for a bit of time, with the key fob in your pocket can also cause the battery to drain...

Quick Reply: Clock reset. Help