E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

Every time I start my car, the climate settings are all wrong (100% middle, 0% foot well). If I adjust this to my preferences these settings are gone once I start the engine again, what am I doing wrong ???

Why is there no possibility to dim the normal instruments at night without simultaneously dimming the HUD ? That does not seem logical to me.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:42 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

Nobody ?
Old 08-31-2008, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by 320d touring' post='658355' date='Aug 31 2008, 06:42 AM
Nobody ?
I don't really have an answer for you. It works for me. Since the climate settings are set by the key, have you tried the other key? I do know on the '08 LCI model, the left button direct access to the vent settings will show a light once it's manually changed. You can press the button multiple times to cycle thru a manual versus "auto" setting. The manual setting is persistent across starts on mine.

You can adjust the Hud brightness individually in iDrive. Try "settings", "lights", "displays" IIRC.

I believe both are discussed in the owners manual.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:21 AM
Members

Thanks for replying

It looks like there is something wrong with my car because mine has to be adjusted after every start.

I know the brightness of the HUD can be adjusted by I-drive, but I meant a sort of stealth-mode like some Saab's have, only the HUD, with the normal instruments and display off. But as soon as you adjust the brightness of the instruments the HUD also dims.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by 320d touring' post='658395' date='Aug 31 2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks for replying

It looks like there is something wrong with my car because mine has to be adjusted after every start.

I know the brightness of the HUD can be adjusted by I-drive, but I meant a sort of stealth-mode like some Saab's have, only the HUD, with the normal instruments and display off. But as soon as you adjust the brightness of the instruments the HUD also dims.
I thought the HUD's brightness "offset" adjustment (which I've never needed to mess with) allows you to sort of override the brightness of the instrument cluster...
Old 08-31-2008, 07:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The software update fixes every small problems that I had include the climate control issue that you're having. Maybe you can ask your local dealer to take a look.

P.S. beside climate controls, the most happier fix is the MP3 CD, now it show song names and never skip or jump now (even with re-recordable CDs) Navigation freezes are gone too! I know there are newer software upgrade lately, I guess it would be even better.

I am glad BMW is really working on "Customer Service", BMW admit mistakes and problems. Most importantly BMW do listen. unlike Apple and its iPhone, Apple never admit ANY issue and forcing customers to "get over it, what do you expect" kind of attitude. My fucking 3G iphone can NOT get 3G, and kept dropping calls, more then 1/2 of the calls are not going through and shoot straight to voice mail. Also their forum removes your post for negative feedback. I am so sick of Apple now, they are going back to early 80s, no customer service & no compatibility.

My next car will be BMW, and my next bike will be BMW too. I will buy BMW phone if they make one. =)
Old 08-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Members

I have had new (dutch instead of German) software installed 2 months ago, but mine does not play MP3's or give song titles at all. How can I see which software version was installed ?