E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CIP 21.0 released

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I do not have the list of fixes yet, I am checking several times each day.

SI B 09 09 06
Programming/Coding Explanation March 2006
Technical Service

SUBJECT
Release Notes Progman V21.0

MODEL
All

SITUATION
Progman V21.0 has been released. Certain errors may occur during installation or usage.

CAUSE
Software error

COMPLAINT
The following issues are currently known:

"Back" button is missing after the "Change" button in the menu bar has been selected.

An incorrect CIP version may be displayed on the "Online update" screen after a JETStream update.

Once the installation has been completed, the subsequent reboot of the SSS R1 may not be carried out correctly.

It may no longer be possible to use the GT1 after selecting "Update software".

In some cases, no status display (white screen) appears for a few minutes if a measures plan is cancelled.

After successful programming, the final report shows incorrect number of remaining programming attempts for the affected control unit.

"The SSS installation data could not be determined. (Code=45124, Msg=45042)." is displayed.

No FASTA data has been transferred for a long period of time.

Individual coding/programming process stages (e.g. Clear fault memory, full coding) may be displayed in the final report with error code 14031.

The session does not start from the GT1 terminal. An error message ("Bad request") appears instead of the "Continue" button.

E36: The last digit is not displayed when entering numbers using the on screen key pad.

E36 to E53: Errors are shown in the final report. Information about the affected control unit is missing.

E53: The buttons for the following retrofits are missing in Progman: Seat belt reminder, and DVD eject lock.

E60 / E90: Reading and writing of individual data (navigation destinations, phone books, etc.) as part of CCC programming does not work.

E65: Red X is displayed next to CAS Alignment after DME replacement.

E65: CKM data may not be restored after programming.

E65: In isolated cases, the DME control unit for 12-cylinder engines aborts programming with error code 2082 - Clear flash. This behavior concerns control units with HW* number 7537117 and earlier (integration level 0312500 to 0503810). The control unit no longer responds.

E90: Programming of the radio (RAD2 control unit) aborts with error 2020 (CoApi), and coding with CoApi 1000.

E90: After programming the DXC control unit (all-wheel drive vehicles), the subsequent automatic coding procedure may abort with CoApi error 1000.

E90: FZD programming aborts with error 2089.

E90: JBE programming aborts with "Error 2089 - error changing programming mode"

PROCEDURE

Button is hidden behind the "Minimize" button, no workaround.

Ignore the incorrect CIP version displayed.

In the event of an error, reboot by pushing and holding in the SSS power button.

Proceed as follows: 1. Disconnect the GT1 cable and wait until an error message notifies you of the loss of connection. 2. Reconnect the cable. 3. Update the SSS list. 4. Select the SSS again and end the session in the usual way.

Wait until the next screen appears. This may take a few minutes.

Ignore the incorrect display. Only when error 10022 (CIP) is displayed during DME programming, the control unit may no longer be programmable.

Select "Online service," confirm setting by pressing the "Continue" button.

Check all FASTA and online service settings. If everything is correct reinstall Progman. However, the existing FASTA data will be lost.

The process for which an error is displayed must be repeated in the event of this error.

The session name entered on the terminal must not contain any spaces.

Incorrect display can be ignored. Input is accepted correctly

The control unit must be determined based on the actions carried out.

Request central coding key (ZCS) that includes the missing retrofit through PuMA

Manually backup individualized data.

Repeat CAS calibration manually after a DME control unit is replaced since the first CAS alignment failed (red X in the final report).

No workaround available. This happens mostly to highly equipped vehicles.

Perform battery reset

Perform battery reset, re-program/re-code the vehicle.

After a power cycle, it is possible to individually code the DXC.

E90 vehicles produced from 12/01/04 to 12/18/04 were fitted with FZD modules with incorrect serial number format. These FZD modules cannot be programmed and must be replaced.

Refer to SI B090106

Additional notes:

All: A MOST connection must be established between the OP(P)S and the vehicle when programming vehicles with a MOST bus.

E64: Do not program E64 (6 Series) Convertible vehicles using Progman V21.0. The CAS software is corrupted and could cause the rear windows not to lower all the way when activating the convertible top. Fix is expected in Progman V21.01.00

E65: After programming a vehicle produced after 3/05, a battery reset must be carried out. This must be carried out until the introduction of integration level E065-06-03-510 (Progman V21.02.00).

Oil level information is lost after this procedure =>Solution: run the engine at idling speed for 20 minutes.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Cant wait for the list of updates!
Old 03-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

Thanks, this is great.

I wonder if this is the programming fix that I've been waiting for, for the last week. I'm now driving my car with no iDrive, no Radio/CD, no Navigation, and no Bluetooth ... this really sucks!
Old 03-17-2006, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='256320' date='Mar 17 2006, 03:14 PM
E60 / E90: Reading and writing of individual data (navigation destinations, phone books, etc.) as part of CCC programming does not work.
Manually backup individualized data.
I presume they mean write the stuff down on a bit of paper. The dealer has never offered to backup my address book before a re-code.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Thanks cd. I am interested in the fixes, of course.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by browellm' post='256325' date='Mar 17 2006, 10:22 AM
I presume they mean write the stuff down on a bit of paper. The dealer has never offered to backup my address book before a re-code.
Mine did - too good - I have 2 of every address
Old 03-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi

I am confused. Why did BMW release the software with such a loooooong list of bugs? I don't see anywhere what this release actually fixed.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JFiRB' post='256400
I do not have the list of fixes yet, I am checking several times each day.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JFiRB' post='256400' date='Mar 17 2006, 02:02 PM
I am confused. Why did BMW release the software with such a loooooong list of bugs? I don't see anywhere what this release actually fixed.
From my original post:
"I do not have the list of fixes yet, I am checking several times each day."

2nd point. Release notes are to the BMW techs to alert them to issues in preparing to upgrade, the upgrade process itself and problems they might encounter, workarounds, and in the rare instance like shown for the E64 - DO NOT CODE THIS BABY until we come out with a fix.

Release notes became common place starting with CIP 17.0. They are NOT the list of fixes that are released in a separate SIB
Old 03-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Thx CD cannot wait for fixes, my car goes in for service Monday, shall I ask 21 or just 20? thx

Quick Reply: CIP 21.0 released