E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CIP 19.02.03 - RDS Missing after Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Sport Sedan. Titanuim Silver, Sunroof, Black Dakota Interior, Anthracite Maple Trim, Prof Sat Nav, Bluetooth

I have just taken my 530 into the dealer for its first service visit since it was delivered back in January this year. It was in to :

1. Fix a rear parcel shelf rattle ,
2. Upgrade the CIP 19.02.03 to fix a) acceleration hesitation/flatspot and b) Fix a problem where my I-drive display went blank on bootup..

Got the car back and :
- Rear Parcel shelf rattle is still there.

- RDS on the Radio is now GONE.. Dealership told me that BMW Australia has said that this is a SW mistake with 19.02.03, and it should be back in the next SW release. (which is puzzling, as from other postings to the forum say that for pronav cars it definately should have been there for 19.01..)

- I no longer have a Autostore function for my FM Radio (which is now at odds with the original cars manual)

Am very happy with the car to date, however its annoying with the E60 being over 2 years in production that BMW Software Engineers cant get these basics right..

Anybody else had the same problems after 19.02.03 ?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

I know a number of USA cars had a audio pausing problem when RDS was activated and they then deactivated it again untill they can fix it.

One of their biggest problems is differing hardware standards in all the cars, so something that works in one set of cars doesnt always work in another
Old 11-29-2005, 03:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I believe the Autostore in my car went away 3 upgrades ago or so...at least its in the manual, but not in IDrive and I never got it back.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xiT, Silver Gray, Automatic, Navigation, Heads Up Display; Premium Package, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound System 2003 M3, Dakar Yellow, SMG

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='204663' date='Nov 29 2005, 07:52 AM
I believe the Autostore in my car went away 3 upgrades ago or so...at least its in the manual, but not in IDrive and I never got it back.
In my E61 instead of autostore FM, I have all FM stations, which is better as it gives you all available FM stations in the area.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by mrjames' post='204602' date='Nov 29 2005, 01:36 AM
I have just taken my 530 into the dealer for its first service visit since it was delivered back in January this year. It was in to :

1. Fix a rear parcel shelf rattle ,
2. Upgrade the CIP 19.02.03 to fix a) acceleration hesitation/flatspot and b) Fix a problem where my I-drive display went blank on bootup..

Got the car back and :
- Rear Parcel shelf rattle is still there.

- RDS on the Radio is now GONE.. Dealership told me that BMW Australia has said that this is a SW mistake with 19.02.03, and it should be back in the next SW release. (which is puzzling, as from other postings to the forum say that for pronav cars it definately should have been there for 19.01..)

- I no longer have a Autostore function for my FM Radio (which is now at odds with the original cars manual)

Am very happy with the car to date, however its annoying with the E60 being over 2 years in production that BMW Software Engineers cant get these basics right..

Anybody else had the same problems after 19.02.03 ?
I agree. The engineers can't fix something without breaking something else maybe worse. I do upgrades very reluctantly, and if I have a choice, then not unless the update (1) promises me something new that I want and gives no hint of creating a big problem or (2) promises to fix something significant to me and gives no hint of creating a big problem. And, I am having no problems with 19.01 (have RDS).
Old 12-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

RDS is dealer codeable on or off. See following bulletin.

SI B 65 16 05
Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors September 2005
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin replaces SM B65 221 04 dated May 2005.

SUBJECT
RDS Function Causes Confusing Station Names when in "All stations" Screen

MODEL
E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E63, E64 (6 Series)

E90 (3 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

SITUATION
With RDS (Radio Data System) set to "Active" some of the displayed station tags will show part of the song title or artist name instead of the station name. For example: instead of "Rock98" the display shows "Thomas".

CAUSE
RDS was set "Active" at the factory instead of "Inactive".

PROCEDURE
With the introduction of CIP 12, RDS was coded off and could not be turned on again.

With the release of CIP 19.1, after the vehicle software is updated, RDS is now coded on as default.

If the customer does not wish to see these confusing RDS tags, then turn RDS off.

Could be your dealer coded it off after / during upgrade. You will need to tell them to set it "ON"
Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='205727' date='Dec 1 2005, 12:58 PM
RDS is dealer codeable on or off. See following bulletin.

SI B 65 16 05
Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors September 2005
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin replaces SM B65 221 04 dated May 2005.

SUBJECT
RDS Function Causes Confusing Station Names when in "All stations" Screen

MODEL
E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E63, E64 (6 Series)

E90 (3 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

SITUATION
With RDS (Radio Data System) set to "Active" some of the displayed station tags will show part of the song title or artist name instead of the station name. For example: instead of "Rock98" the display shows "Thomas".

CAUSE
RDS was set "Active" at the factory instead of "Inactive".

PROCEDURE
With the introduction of CIP 12, RDS was coded off and could not be turned on again.

With the release of CIP 19.1, after the vehicle software is updated, RDS is now coded on as default.

If the customer does not wish to see these confusing RDS tags, then turn RDS off.

Could be your dealer coded it off after / during upgrade. You will need to tell them to set it "ON"
CD, where do you find the bulletins, etc.?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Sport Sedan. Titanuim Silver, Sunroof, Black Dakota Interior, Anthracite Maple Trim, Prof Sat Nav, Bluetooth

Thanks for the suggestions folks.. Will go back to the dealer and ask them whether they have "turned it off" . When I picked up the car they showed me a multi-page report that was produced after the CIP Update for my car, do you think that report would show what state this setting was after the update ?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545iA Orient Blue, Beige/Poplar, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Logic 7, CWP, PDC, Fold Downs, Sunshades, Bluetooth and “Sweeeeet”

Originally Posted by mrjames' post='205869' date='Dec 1 2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestions folks.. Will go back to the dealer and ask them whether they have "turned it off" . When I picked up the car they showed me a multi-page report that was produced after the CIP Update for my car, do you think that report would show what state this setting was after the update ?
Let us know if you are able to get the RDS turned back on. I am due for an upgrade and want to make sure it works!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Black/Black 530i with anthracite wood, Navigation, Sport, Premium, Premium Sound, Rear Sun Shades, Satelite radio.
Smile

So I took my car back to Pacific BMW in Glendale to fix the stuff that they screwed up last time. Last time they installed 19.02.03 because of a software recall. Now, my FM radio cuts out every minute or so for 6-7 sec also my bluetooth no longer works. Other thing is that I took it in for a rear parcel shelf rattle which they claimed to have fixed by replacing the rear sunshade, now the rattle is worse than it was before.

They call me today and tell me that they can't fix the software until early 2006. I remember reading on here somewhere that the radio cutting out was from software modules being mis-installed. Does anyone have any more information on this??

They also said that the rear parcel shelf rattle is "normal".....this is the biggest crap I have ever heard.

Does everyone have a rear parcel shelf rattle???

I've received better service than this at a nissan dealership. I did not pay 55k to drive a loaner 3 series or X3 around!!!

BMW NA will be hearing from me.

Quick Reply: CIP 19.02.03 - RDS Missing after Upgrade