E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CIC Passenger Temperature Display Blank??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:28 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 550i
Default CIC Passenger Temperature Display Blank??

Recently had CIC replaced in 2010 550i. Has apparently the latest software/firmware in the unit, but now my passenger side temp display for hot and cold (i.e. the blue/red visual dial) does not come up, just the picture of the body in the seat. BMW says there is a glitch in the software, but no fix. Obviously unacceptable response, but I seem to be in a corner. Anyone else have thi issue after replacing the CIC? Im livid since a warranty repair for the CIC has now resulted in me getting the car back in worse condition then when I dropped it off....
Old 10-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by volavet
Recently had CIC replaced in 2010 550i. Has apparently the latest software/firmware in the unit, but now my passenger side temp display for hot and cold (i.e. the blue/red visual dial) does not come up, just the picture of the body in the seat. BMW says there is a glitch in the software, but no fix. Obviously unacceptable response, but I seem to be in a corner. Anyone else have thi issue after replacing the CIC? Im livid since a warranty repair for the CIC has now resulted in me getting the car back in worse condition then when I dropped it off....
Im not sure if this will help you at all. But I had a similiar problem when I got my car coded I have CCC tho. After coding I was unable to control the vents on driver or passenger side they just disappeared. Had the car coded again and they re-appeared.The guy who did said it was due to all the stuff that was being done something just got knocked out came right back tho. If it was there before it has to be able to work again, somewhere something got screwed up.