E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Christmas Present for me....

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

I just reached home 5 mins ago while i'm typing this. Guess what every1... my buddy and i just get caught speeding by a traffic police. He's in his 645ci and me with my E60. I was following him along the highway, we're going down to San francisco for christmas dinner. The police caught us speeding at 110mph!! I did not notice him at all as the police car suddenly appeared. This is MY FIRST TIME getting a speeding ticket, what should i do guys ? I heard that i can try appealing.. He's rather racist i think, beside of speeding he wrote down that i don't have a front plate and title of registeration for my car ( i left it at home though ). And the police said my driving licence will be suspended, but i wondered for how long? Well, we're lucky that we escaped from going to jail because the police said it is CHRISTMAS today.. Guess this is my Christmas present from santa.... what a memorable christmas day... Sighhh...
Old 12-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

check out Help I got a ticket I've used this site numerous times(unfortunately) and I have gotten out of all three tickets that I contested. Read it over maybe it will help.

David
Old 12-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Well I am only 17 on Haloween Night I got caught doin 110 on the NJ Turnpike by a State Trooper... Keep in mind I am only a Provisional Driver since i am only 17 and I can only recieve 4 points not 12 before my liscence is taken away...The trooper appeared out of no where on the other side of a barrier then came along a gap for him to cross over and bam I was pulled over... he was quite nice but at first I was shitting my pants!!!.. He said "Do your realize you more then doubled the speed limit its past 12 you have tinited windows and this is wreckless driving.." I was like oooooo boy! But he came back with a ticket of only not Obeying Turnpike Signals.. He could have had me for doubling speed limit = jail..$1000+ of fines and lose my liscence... God I was lucky..

As for you I dunno if I would fight considering you probably were in excess of speed of 40 mph of the speed limit....
Old 12-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Dec 25 2004, 07:09 PM
I just reached home 5 mins ago while i'm typing this. Guess what every1... my buddy and i just get caught speeding by a traffic police. He's in his 645ci and me with my E60. I was following him along the highway, we're going down to San francisco for christmas dinner. The police caught us speeding at 110mph!! I did not notice him at all as the police car suddenly appeared. This is MY FIRST TIME getting a speeding ticket, what should i do guys ? I heard that i can try appealing.. He's rather racist i think, beside of speeding he wrote down that i don't have a front plate and title of registeration for my car ( i left it at home though ). And the police said my driving licence will be suspended, but i wondered for how long? Well, we're lucky that we escaped from going to jail because the police said it is CHRISTMAS today.. Guess this is my Christmas present from santa.... what a memorable christmas day... Sighhh...? ?
[snapback]72467[/snapback]
soc_fans, sorry to hear your story but in fact, you should consider yourself quite lucky. speeding, no front plate, no registration. man, it's a tough one. i think you can easily run away with the front plate and don't have to worry about the registration since you have that at home. you simply show that to the judge when you are on court. but the speeding part is tough. if the cop didn't just the laser gun or didn't have any proof, that you might be ok. if not, only thing i can say is good luck .
Old 12-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

Man~~~im really sorry 2 hear that.... but i heard when u get a speedng

ticket over 100mi, they consider it as attemptng murder or something like

that...my friend had one few years ago and told me that. but im not sure how he

ended.... so gud luck~~~
Old 12-26-2004, 12:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Dec 26 2004, 01:32 AM
[quote name='soc_fans' date='Dec 25 2004, 07:09 PM']I just reached home 5 mins ago while i'm typing this. Guess what every1... my buddy and i just get caught speeding by a traffic police. He's in his 645ci and me with my E60. I was following him along the highway, we're going down to San francisco for christmas dinner. The police caught us speeding at 110mph!! I did not notice him at all as the police car suddenly appeared. This is MY FIRST TIME getting a speeding ticket, what should i do guys ? I heard that i can try appealing.. He's rather racist i think, beside of speeding he wrote down that i don't have a front plate and title of registeration for my car ( i left it at home though ). And the police said my driving licence will be suspended, but i wondered for how long? Well, we're lucky that we escaped from going to jail because the police said it is CHRISTMAS today.. Guess this is my Christmas present from santa.... what a memorable christmas day... Sighhh...? ??
[snapback]72467[/snapback]
soc_fans, sorry to hear your story but in fact, you should consider yourself quite lucky. speeding, no front plate, no registration. man, it's a tough one. i think you can easily run away with the front plate and don't have to worry about the registration since you have that at home. you simply show that to the judge when you are on court. but the speeding part is tough. if the cop didn't just the laser gun or didn't have any proof, that you might be ok. if not, only thing i can say is good luck .
[snapback]72478[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm not really sure whether he has the proof or not but he stated that he chased us for about 30-50 cars so i assumed he didn't shoot me with his laser gun. And i reached 110mph about 3-6 mins after he caught us. After that i was running about 90-100mph. So i think it's kinda weird though. Maybe he needs to run 110mph to catch us up, so he knew that we're running at that kind of speed. Damn, what a christmas day for me.. well i just came back from a movie.. 'Meet the folkers'.. It's a really a funny movie, you guys should watch it.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hamann5' date='Dec 26 2004, 01:07 AM
Well I am only 17 on Haloween Night I got caught doin 110 on the NJ Turnpike by a State Trooper... Keep in mind I am only a Provisional Driver since i am only 17 and I can only recieve 4 points not 12 before my liscence is taken away...The trooper appeared out of no where on the other side of a barrier then came along a gap for him to cross over and bam I was pulled over... he was quite nice but at first I was shitting my pants!!!.. He said "Do your realize you more then doubled the speed limit its past 12 you have tinited windows and this is wreckless driving.." I was like oooooo boy! But he came back with a ticket of only not Obeying Turnpike Signals.. He could have had me for doubling speed limit = jail..$1000+ of fines and lose my liscence... God I was lucky..

As for you I dunno if I would fight considering you probably were in excess of speed of 40 mph of the speed limit....
[snapback]72472[/snapback]
I'm not as lucky as you though. The speed limit for mine was 65mph, so i have not doubled the speed limit. I've got to be more careful now...
Old 12-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Dec 25 2004, 11:57 PM
I'm not really sure whether he has the proof or not but he stated that he chased us for about 30-50 cars so i assumed he didn't shoot me with his laser gun. And i reached 110mph about 3-6 mins after he caught us. After that i was running about 90-100mph. So i think it's kinda weird though. Maybe he needs to run 110mph to catch us up, so he knew that we're running at that kind of speed. Damn, what a christmas day for me.. well i just came back from a movie.. 'Meet the folkers'.. It's a really a funny movie, you guys should watch it.?
[snapback]72503[/snapback]
i think you really met the focker .