E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Christmas and New Year’s Eve aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Stayed at home during the holidays, here's all that happen to my poor E60:
Due to all that shopping at the malls, eating out and crowded parking lots, I ended up with five new dents on the rear doors, three on driver's side and two on the other Denting another man's car should be penalized with dead or something close to that

With all those trips to the airport to pick up the visiting relatives and all those trips to take them to do their shopping, I ended up with a whooping 1000 miles in addition to my normal monthly miles.
It was a tough year end for my 525i, what happen to yours, any stories?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Never saw the light of day. Safe inside the garage.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 AM
gpt
Senior Members

I park as far away from the mainstream as possible. It's a bit of a walk, and pisses my wife off to no end. However. after more than a year, not a single ding.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:27 AM
MAK
Members

Originally Posted by gpt' post='373646' date='Jan 4 2007, 07:23 PM
I park as far away from the mainstream as possible. It's a bit of a walk, and pisses my wife off to no end. However. after more than a year, not a single ding.
Same here..... cheaper to renew shoe leather than a dented panel.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gpt' post='373646
Same here..... cheaper to renew shoe leather than a dented panel.
I agree with both and I take the same approach and I get my wife really pissed off about it too (But she is kind of buying into it now) but during the holidays it was just impossible, no freaking space left in the parking lot, it was like consumer madness, parking lots at the malls/movies were packed. Even when I parked most of the times at the last place (Where you can only get one car next to you instead of two) I still got dents.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Members

Same here, but I drop the mrs at the door of the mall then go park.
1- Save me the agro
2- I score a brownie with the mrs
3- keep my baby safe at a distance from the crowd
4- And the bonus = less time shopping for me
Old 01-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='373550' date='Jan 4 2007, 11:49 AM
Stayed at home during the holidays, here's all that happen to my poor E60:
Due to all that shopping at the malls, eating out and crowded parking lots, I ended up with five new dents on the rear doors, three on driver's side and two on the other Denting another man's car should be penalized with dead or something close to that

With all those trips to the airport to pick up the visiting relatives and all those trips to take them to do their shopping, I ended up with a whooping 1000 miles in addition to my normal monthly miles.
It was a tough year end for my 525i, what happen to yours, any stories?
I live in Atlanta as well and all the malls were miserable traffic wise. No "safe" place to park and I didn't want to leave the car in valet parking. I dropped my wife off and drove around. Still parked in "dangerous" spots but cought a break with no dings. Just lucky!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Members

Nothing happened to the exterior but the mrs spilled soup in the trunk. After washing everything and half a can of air freshener, the trunk still smells like crap. oh well, that's life i guess.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by gpt' post='373646' date='Jan 4 2007, 02:23 PM
Amen, brother. My wife hates it, which is why she isnt allowed to drive my car. I told her that if she would park away from other people, she could drive it. She refused, trying to prove a point, so I took back her key. Simple as that. My car, my rules. Her Toyota is pummeled, whcih is annoying to me, but its her car.

I usually offer to drop her off at the door of whatever store or mall we're going to, but she declines, if only to have another chance to complain about my choice of parking...ha ha ha.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

When I got my ride before Xmas I seemed to be pickeir on parking spots making sure the stalls were wide enough for door clearance when opened. I too will park where its empty to avoid the inconsiderates. Its your investment protect it like you would a $50,000+ diamond ring.

Quick Reply: Christmas and New Year’s Eve aftermath