E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Choosing a color and options

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.

2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Titanium Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.

This is my order however, I can't decide on a color, I've narrowed it down to Tatanium Grey or Silver Matalic. any recomendations? on what I have above?

Also what optoins would you cancel or add and why?
Thanks
Old 06-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by laet' post='295860' date='Jun 11 2006, 10:26 AM
2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Titanium Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.

This is my order however, I can't decide on a color, I've narrowed it down to Tatanium Grey or Silver Matalic. any recomendations? on what I have above?

Also what optoins would you cancel or add and why?
Thanks
Good choice of options

Black dakota - looks great, hides dirt but not lint
Active Steering -love the feel particalrly at low speed;missed it when I went to a loaner car without it
Sport Pk - almost required equip for any BMW
Cold pk - not sure I like the headlight washers but the seat warmers are quite cozy in winter

ext color - you will get equal number of forum members claim silver gray, TiSilv, and Black are best. In reality, they all look good as the gallery pics can attest. The benifits of TiSil is that it always looks clean and hides swirls/scratches in paint/clearcoat. The tit grey pick would be less common but look quite nice.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Senior Members

The only option I would add is Comfort Access. If the key was the traditional kind I wouldn't bother with CA. But with the new fob and start button I think it's such a horrible process to start the car that it almost makes CA a requirement these days. Also, if you're thinking about keeping the car long term I might reconsider the AS since it's more prone to issues than the normal steering but that's a toss up for me personally. Nice pick of colors and options.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Members

i dont know if you have seen a black e60 with auburn interior i think its absolutlyy stuning !! the only reson i got the beigh was that it was already on a ship coming to dubai otherwise i would have to wait 3 months ..
Old 06-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

After reaqding this and other forums I would probably do without the active steering. People seem to be split on whether they like it or not so I would just choose to save the money. I think that Comfort Access is also wildly overpriced for what it is. I have also read that it has its share of problems also so I was really glad I didn't get it. Besides, it's not a major effort to stick the fob into the recepticle on the side of the steering column or to press the unlock/lock/trunk button. As for colors, you may or may not notice that I have a Silver Gray 550. If I had it to do over again I probably would have chosen Titanium Gray. I just think it is such a gorgeous color. You ought to be aware that in certain direct sunlight the Silver Gray looks to have a bluish tint where the Titanium Gray casts a green hue. As for black, I am way way too anal about my car to deal with the heart ache of having that color. The dirt, dust, swirl marks, finger prints, etc would drive me abosulutely insane. Also, in my area, 99% of all E60s are black which was just another reason for me to take a pass on it. If you are not the type who is meticulous about washing, Silver Gray is probably your best choice since it bartely shows any dirt or dust, especially if you keep a good coat of wax on it. As for interior choices, I always prefer black. I like to have as few different colors as possible and since the dash and a lot of the trim is black, it is my logical choice. It is also the easiest to maintain. I had a light gray interior in my 328 and it always looked kind of dingy even right after I cleaned it. If you do go with black, I would also consider the anthricite headliner option. Granted, at $500 it is a total rip off but, like I said, I like as few different colors as possible. Best of luck and remember that even if you decide you could have made a better choice at some point in the future, no one else will think that besides you. One other point of interest, I am single and date A LOT. Believe it or not, women seem to prefer my 550 over my M3 Convertible. Go figure.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Titanium Gray =

Old 06-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Members

I am looking at

2007 550i, SMG, Titanium Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Sport pkg, Active Steering, folding rear seats and comfort Access.

Comfort access is a must to be as I don't like to fumble with keys.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='295937' date='Jun 11 2006, 11:33 AM
Titanium Gray =

Awesome... Do you have a frontal and rear shot under bright sun light?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Yep.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530i-

Titanium Gray!
Attached Thumbnails Choosing a color and options-beer3_027.jpg  

Quick Reply: Choosing a color and options