E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing springs on "self leveling" suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Planned to upgrade to H&R sport or ACS springs, BUT dealer told me this would void warranty. He went on to say that most springs cannot be fit to the self leveling system.

Anybody with this experience or suggestions?

Thanks,

Ted
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Originally Posted by tconner' post='417581' date='Apr 25 2007, 05:43 AM
Planned to upgrade to H&R sport or ACS springs, BUT dealer told me this would void warranty. He went on to say that most springs cannot be fit to the self leveling system.

Anybody with this experience or suggestions?

Thanks,

Ted
What about Dinan. Their warranty runs consistent with BMW's....so in essence you haven't voided the warranty.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by tconner' post='417581
What about Dinan. Their warranty runs consistent with BMW's....so in essence you haven't voided the warranty.
dinan is american and is not well known outside the usa. their warranty is probably due to their relationship with bmw north america, not thailand. its probably a regional thing and i doubt his dealer would honor it.

for example, i read in europe (or maybe only in uk), acs parts are offered and installed by bmw dealers due to acs's relationship with bmw gmbh, yet that doesn't exist here.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='417818' date='Apr 26 2007, 05:50 AM
by self level suspension, do you mean active roll stabilization/dynamic drive?

not sure on dealers' policy in thailand, but over here, even though some dealers say the same thing, legally they can only void your warranty if something goes wrong and they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the damage.
dinan is american and is not well known outside the usa. their warranty is probably due to their relationship with bmw north america, not thailand. its probably a regional thing and i doubt his dealer would honor it.

for example, i read in europe (or maybe only in uk), acs parts are offered and installed by bmw dealers due to acs's relationship with bmw gmbh, yet that doesn't exist here.
Thanks for the great info, yes DINAN is real strong in teh US, not found out here. ACS is sold through dealers here as DINAN is sold in the US, so ACS is what I have asked my dealer for, because they stock it, and because there is a better chance to get the warranty. On most ACS parts BMW Thailand does honor warranty, or manages it for ACS. I will talk to them again as you mentioned, great info, thanks, Ted