E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing from 745i to 535d Touring on Monday...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Touring, Silver Grey, 18" Star Spoke (124) Wheels, De-Chromed, Grey Dakota Leather, Comfort Seats, Navigation - Pro, Bluetooth, 6 CD Changer, Dynamic Drive, Adaptive Headlights, Bi-Xenons, Panoramic Sun Roof, Sun Protection Glass, Grad Tint Windscreen, Auto Dim + Folding Mirrors, Maple Wood - High Gloss, Storage Compartment Pack,

Hi All,

I'm leaving the sedate world of my 745i to join you chaps.

The 745i is a great car but my particular one has had so many faults, many of which my Service Centre don't ever seem to be able to fix; I have completely fallen out of love with it.

I am picking up an a 535d with 7k on the clock on Monday. Has some nice toys on it (bar the HUD :-( ). Still it will be nice to drive something that feels fast again!

The 535d has Nav Pro and Bluetooth but does not have extended voice - anyone got any pointers to what I WON'T be able to use voice for? Also is it a retrofit ption for the car?

Hope I can contribute over the time I have the car.

Cheers

Nick (UK)
Old 08-20-2005, 02:34 PM
stu
Members

Welcome to the forum!
PS Don't forget to post a few pics.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by creash' date='Aug 20 2005, 05:27 PM
Hi All,

The 745i is a great car but my particular one has had so many faults, many of which my Service Centre don't ever seem to be able to fix; I have completely fallen out of love with it.

I am picking up an a 535d with 7k on the clock on Monday. Has some nice toys on it (bar the HUD :-( ). Still it will be nice to drive something that feels fast again!

The 535d has Nav Pro and Bluetooth but does not have extended voice - anyone got any pointers to what I WON'T be able to use voice for? Also is it a retrofit ption for the car?

Cheers

Nick (UK)
[snapback]161533[/snapback]
I have the same situation with the voice thing!!!
I'm interested also...
Old 08-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I have extended voice control which is useless when you have passengers and only works when you speak like the Queen. Its just a novelty IMHO and a waste of money! All I ever get from mine is "Sorry I don't understand" and then a menu I don't want.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard and congrats, creash ! did you get a good deal?
Old 08-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Contributors

Welcome. Please post some pics when they are available.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

welcome to your new home and please post pics once you got your baby thanks and once again welcome home
Old 08-21-2005, 01:00 AM
IMU
Contributors

Originally Posted by creash' date='Aug 20 2005, 11:27 PM
Hi All,

Cheers

Nick (UK)
[snapback]161533[/snapback]

Welcome & congrats Nick,

Nice choice of steed, the 535d certainly won't dissapoint after your 7 series experience,

I toy-ed with the idea of retro-fitting extended voice control (for around ?250 ish in UK) but didn't do it in the end as I think I would not use it as much and for me the I Drive menu system is second-nature now.

If you have an MP3 player/Ipod then get your dealer to install an Aux Input (do a search on here for 'Aux Input' and you will find the retrofit instructions to forward to your dealer should they not know what you're talking about) for approx ?150 - it will allow you to plug in any device into the car's audio system. Also while the dealer does the install, they will have to update your software version so you'll get 'perspective' view nav thrown in for the money...

Good luck for Monday and don't forget to upload some pics...

What is the spec...?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d Touring, Silver Grey, 18" Star Spoke (124) Wheels, De-Chromed, Grey Dakota Leather, Comfort Seats, Navigation - Pro, Bluetooth, 6 CD Changer, Dynamic Drive, Adaptive Headlights, Bi-Xenons, Panoramic Sun Roof, Sun Protection Glass, Grad Tint Windscreen, Auto Dim + Folding Mirrors, Maple Wood - High Gloss, Storage Compartment Pack,

Hi,

Thanks for all th messages welcoming me!

Seems to be mixed feeback about the extended voice control, I only really want to use it for the phone so I guess I don't need it.

Thanks for the head up on the Aux input IMU. I do have an Ipod which it would be great to connect into the car - where does the Aux input sit in the car when they have installed it?

Spec is now added to my profile which I guess should appear below!

I have to say I can't wait for tomorrow, I know I'll be impatient as hell when the dealer is boring me with his handover.

Cheers

Nick
Old 08-21-2005, 01:48 AM
IMU
Contributors

You're welcome,

The actual connector will be fitted under your glove box torch (which incidentally your dealer may not include with the car (so I just took mine from my trade in)).

You'll be lucky to come accross a dealer that actually knows what he's saying when he is making a 'handover' - mine just glossed over the basics and I had to RTM to get the information I wanted.

Once again, good luck and enjoy!

Quick Reply: Changing from 745i to 535d Touring on Monday...