E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Center console creak...anybody know how..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to get that little trim panel up that is located over the parking brake? That panel creaks like crazy on my car. If iI could remove it and tighten/loosen /adjust the mounting points, I think I could stop it. Anyone else got a noisy console? Also, I cannot seem to find that recent post about a creaky driver's seat, can someone help me find it? It was about the seat itself making some noises. I have an apointment next week and would like to see if I can make some progress on this. Is there a TSB or update on noisy seats or console? Thanks for any help you can give....
Old 06-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by allenman' post='290836' date='Jun 1 2006, 05:40 AM
to get that little trim panel up that is located over the parking brake? That panel creaks like crazy on my car. If iI could remove it and tighten/loosen /adjust the mounting points, I think I could stop it. Anyone else got a noisy console? Also, I cannot seem to find that recent post about a creaky driver's seat, can someone help me find it? It was about the seat itself making some noises. I have an apointment next week and would like to see if I can make some progress on this. Is there a TSB or update on noisy seats or console? Thanks for any help you can give....
I had/have the same problem with centre console armrest thingy, my SA told me it just dust and needs to be cleaned, which they did. Worked for a while.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by allenman' post='290836' date='Jun 1 2006, 06:40 AM
I have exactly the same problem; everytime the passenger put his/her arm on the armrest it creaks. I complaint to my dealer and they said "we tried everything, lubricate it, adjust it..." "we have to order a new one". One week later new one was installed. It does not creak anymore, but the color does not match very well with the rest of console and the size was a bit small than original, making the gap with adjacent panel too wide to seem natural; and when you put things in the storage the armrest won't stay closed! I am so frustrated with this development! If I knew they would replace with something low quality like this I would not have ask them to do anything about it in the first place!