E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

This CD text thing on 05 models

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Nov 04 build Non NAV L7 and I have no CD Text.

So have we figured out who has CD Text? it sounds like people with NAV have CD Text... is that what it is?
Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

EBM.. looks like you are correct.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Apr 1 2005, 05:32 AM
EBM.. looks like you are correct.
[snapback]109674[/snapback]
I have got pro nav but can't get text. Maybe its a US thing. Getting a software check done soon. Maybe that'll sort it.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Members

>>IMHO the L7 is pretty cr4p.. next time i think i'll get the BMW speaker package >and spend the extra 500 or so quid on something pointless in the UK like privacy >glass !!! What do you think of L7 ?

I couldn't demo L7 before I ordered and I guess based on this forum I had slighly higher expectations than what was delivered. I've only had base level stereos in my previous two E39s and E28 so it was a huge but expensive upgrade! I really wish I had not scrimped and got Xenons but I am so glad I got the 530D. Without the engine upgrade of going from the 520 E39 to the 530D E60 I'd have been a bit dissapointed with the whole experience. I reckon my last E39 was just the driving pinnacle, though some aspects of the E60 are much better it doesn't seem as "connected" as my E39 somehow.

Back to the CD-TEXT issue..yep I reckon I've only seen it work if you have some sort of NAV. Anyone prove me wrong with a nice photo and non nav spec?

I'm concerned about MP3 as my dealership told me that I'd have to order the businesss prof radio upgrade to get it to work. Since I knew from this great forum that no-one had it working irrespective of their spec I declined the opportunity of being relieved of even more money! With the CD-TEXT issue though it makes me wonder whether the basic E60 CD technology is incapable of "clever" stuff like MP3 and CD-TEXT without "borrowing" some technology off the NAV or PROF Radio.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MTRHEAD' date='Apr 1 2005, 09:50 AM
>>IMHO the L7 is pretty cr4p.. next time i think i'll get the BMW speaker package >and spend the extra 500 or so quid on something pointless in the UK like privacy >glass !!! What do you think of L7 ?

I couldn't demo L7 before I ordered and I guess based on this forum I had slighly higher expectations than what was delivered. I've only had base level stereos in my previous two E39s and E28 so it was a huge but expensive upgrade! I really wish I had not scrimped and got Xenons but I am so glad I got the 530D. Without the engine upgrade of going from the 520 E39 to the 530D E60 I'd have been a bit dissapointed with the whole experience. I reckon my last E39 was just the driving pinnacle, though some aspects of the E60 are much better it doesn't seem as "connected" as my E39 somehow.

Back to the CD-TEXT issue..yep I reckon I've only seen it work if you have some sort of NAV. Anyone prove me wrong with a nice photo and non nav spec?

I'm concerned about MP3 as my dealership told me that I'd have to order the businesss prof radio upgrade to get it to work. Since I knew from this great forum that no-one had it working irrespective of their spec I declined the opportunity of being relieved of even more money!? With the CD-TEXT issue though it makes me wonder whether the basic E60 CD technology is incapable of "clever" stuff like MP3 and CD-TEXT without "borrowing" some technology off the NAV or PROF Radio.
[snapback]109700[/snapback]
If you think the L7 is not good enough that means you dont have put the right data into the system. Mind you for radio is not that impressive but if you play a cd, put the eq in a V shape, the tremble and bass 3/4 way up, the fader a little bit to the front and the concerthall setting and crank the volume up you have to be deaf not to like it
Old 04-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d (Jan 2005) premium pack, pro nav, steptronic

I have CD text on burnt CDs. I have SatNav Pro (Europe), no CD charger and V16.0.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Nav pro, CD changer, L7 and CD text on the Cd slot, not on the changer. CIP 14.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Apr 1 2005, 09:00 AM
[quote name='MTRHEAD' date='Apr 1 2005, 09:50 AM']>>IMHO the L7 is pretty cr4p.. next time i think i'll get the BMW speaker package >and spend the extra 500 or so quid on something pointless in the UK like privacy >glass !!! What do you think of L7 ?

I'm concerned about MP3 as my dealership told me that I'd have to order the businesss prof radio upgrade to get it to work. Since I knew from this great forum that no-one had it working irrespective of their spec I declined the opportunity of being relieved of even more money!? With the CD-TEXT issue though it makes me wonder whether the basic E60 CD technology is incapable of "clever" stuff like MP3 and CD-TEXT without "borrowing" some technology off the NAV or PROF Radio.
[snapback]109700[/snapback]
If you think the L7 is not good enough that means you dont have put the right data into the system. Mind you for radio is not that impressive but if you play a cd, put the eq in a V shape, the tremble and bass 3/4 way up, the fader a little bit to the front and the concerthall setting and crank the volume up you have to be deaf not to like it
[snapback]109703[/snapback]
[/quote]

Disagree i'm afraid i like my music a lot and have always specified premium audio set ups on my cars. .. I had Harmon Kardon in my z3mcoupe which gave better bass response and would not brake down under high load, (granted you couldn't play with a graphic equaliser to distort the musicians orignal sound intentions though..).

My wifes CL500 merc has the MB premium audio system and definately delivers superior sound. I think the e60 amp and head unit might be ok as the mid range volume sounds pretty good, however, the bass response is poor on the move, (good when stationary..) and the quality of the factory speakers is pretty middle of the road and start to peak out at around 70% on high frequencies..(noticeable as the music turns shrill...)

If you want to compare what you get to what you could get The Audi "concert" ??? Audio system seems far superior, a colleague of mine has a new 8 series and the stereo in that is fantastic.. but not worth buying an Audi for....

Not sure what you are used to in previous car audio that makes you believe that L7 is really good?? but seriously it's not worth the money.. even boy racer aftermarket junk at this price can sound better.. (not that i would ever consider vandalising a nice e60 trim to fit non bm hifi tat !)
Old 04-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Senior Members

Man if you dont like the logic 7 then the stock system is def. not a option. Must be hell for your spoiled ears Dont understand your logic

I did not say its the best system on the market but it very good for a car brand system and enough for daily travel.

Yes i have a 25.OOO dollar system in my other car. I know what to compare with
This is my other car
http://www.e46fanatics.com/phorum/showauth...il.php?a=Pmmeke
Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Apr 1 2005, 11:52 PM
Yes i have a 25.OOO dollar system in my other car. I know what to compare with
This is my other car
http://www.e46fanatics.com/phorum/showauth...il.php?a=Pmmeke
[snapback]110160[/snapback]
OMG why on earth did you do that? I hope it was all sponsor money... I'm curious to see how your e60 looks like.

what is that a 325 or?

Quick Reply: This CD text thing on 05 models