E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Text came on!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I know most of you have seen the Artists and title of the song when you have a CD in the player.

Well, for the last year and a half, I haven't.

Yesterday I bought TWO cd's, and BOTH of them showed the artist and cd song (Click 5 and the Anna Nalick Cd's). My buddy with me noticed it first. THen we tried the Cold Play CD I bought last week (we were wondering if it was the software update with perspective view that did it). Alas, no CD Text on the Coldplay CD.

I thought it was pretty cool that BOTH Cd's had it. None of the other CD's I've played since I bought the car in April 2004 have shown it.

James
Old 08-18-2005, 03:11 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Aug 18 2005, 07:04 PM
Ok, I know most of you have seen the Artists and title of the song when you have a CD in the player.

Yesterday I bought TWO cd's, and BOTH of them showed the artist and cd song (Click 5 and the Anna Nalick Cd's).? My buddy with me noticed it first.? THen we tried the Cold Play CD I bought last week (we were wondering if it was the software update with perspective view that did it). Alas, no CD Text on the Coldplay CD.

I thought it was pretty cool that BOTH Cd's had it.? None of the other CD's I've played since I bought the car in April 2004 have shown it.

James
[snapback]160582[/snapback]
what hifi system do you have in your ride? what makes it display text now? Software upgrade?
Old 08-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Black Metalic, Sport Package, L7 sound, Steptronic, Cold Weather, Ski Package, Sport Seats

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Aug 18 2005, 07:04 AM

Yesterday I bought TWO cd's, and BOTH of them showed the artist and cd song (Click 5 and the Anna Nalick Cd's).? My buddy with me noticed it first.? THen we tried the Cold Play CD I bought last week (we were wondering if it was the software update with perspective view that did it). Alas, no CD Text on the Coldplay CD.

I thought it was pretty cool that BOTH Cd's had it.? None of the other CD's I've played since I bought the car in April 2004 have shown it.

James
Hey jksanford,

I believe I see you from time to time on PIB or Buford Highway. I'm in Sugar Hill and just wanted to say hey.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Aug 18 2005, 06:04 AM

James

Might you be able to check and report which fields are being populated on these new discs so that we can mimick this for CDs that we burn? (I might actually use my changer then )
Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You can take any CD and re-burn it with CD text (using Nero) and it will work in the dashboard CD slot only.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12076

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=64448
Old 08-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

I dont understand why record labels don't always encode the track titles onto cd's. CD Text displayability is so common nowadays, and all new CD's should have CDDA information.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I only see CD Text on OEM CDs on Sony records or their subsidiaries (Columbia records, for one). I think Sony pioneered the use of CD Text. I first noticed it in 1999 on a Fiona Apple CD.

I almost always burn OEM CDs to a CDR though and make compilations. So for me, I don't really care if the records companies use it.

Originally Posted by Alpine545' date='Aug 18 2005, 09:59 AM
I dont understand why record labels don't always encode the track titles onto cd's. CD Text displayability is so common nowadays, and all new CD's should have CDDA information.
[snapback]160671[/snapback]
Old 08-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 - 545 - tit silver/grey/sport/premsound/nav/cold weather pkg/ hardwire valetine/clear bra/4700k fog bulbs - acs fron and rear spoiler, r10's radenergies with michelin ps2 - 275/30 - 275/35 - aux audio, v 18.xx

j sanfor d- bturkel down in tampa - how are -you traded for a 545 same color all the mods the same but prem sound - i notice the same thing when i had my 530 and right now the 545 is doing it with the highest software update - go figure who knows.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Epochii' date='Aug 18 2005, 08:44 AM
[quote name='jksanford' date='Aug 18 2005, 07:04 AM']Ok, I know most of you have seen the Artists and title of the song when you have a CD in the player.

James
Hey jksanford,

I believe I see you from time to time on PIB or Buford Highway. I'm in Sugar Hill and just wanted to say hey.
[snapback]160608[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey! I live right near there. I am over in the Morningview subdivision... Nice seeing you! Honk next time!

James
Old 08-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 18 2005, 09:44 AM
You can take any CD and re-burn it with CD text (using Nero) and it will work in the dashboard CD slot only.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12076

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=64448
[snapback]160636[/snapback]
*sigh* - again only the dash unit? We need to extend all this functionality to the changer for crying out loud!

Quick Reply: CD Text came on!