E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CD player

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I have a BMW radio setup with 6-disc changer. The setup has its own single disc player.

This morning (maybe I woke her too early) the single disc seemed to act up. I couldn't control it through the steering wheel buttons. The disc changer, radio behaved ok though. After taking the disc out and in, it was ok.

About an hour later, I opened the door, and I heard "tatatatata" sound from the centre console. It went on until I started the engine. Figured out later it was due to the CD player. Taking the disc out or putting it back in caused all those machine gun like sound. After doing that process for about 5-10 times, the noise disappeared. It seemed to have gone back to its normal self. Actually noticed also over the last few days, a few times the player went back to track 1 when I started my car (no it's not the bug; mine is supposedly fixed). Maybe it's the disc problem.

Anyone else experienced this? I sure hope it's a "let it rest and it will take care of itself" case. I would hate having to go back to the dealer.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I have had the single player in the center cosole not respond once, but it was resolved with a restart of the car (long enough to go into sleep mode) and hasn't happened since. Now the noise you describe I've never experienced. Whereas my issue was clearly software related, your's sounds like a real mechanical issue.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Jan 19 2005, 08:15 PM
I have had the single player in the center cosole not respond once, but it was resolved with a restart of the car (long enough to go into sleep mode) and hasn't happened since.? Now the noise you describe I've never experienced.? Whereas my issue was clearly software related, your's sounds like a real mechanical issue.
[snapback]80956[/snapback]
Yup it definitely sounds like mechanical issue. It's just that it went away. It may well be some software issue too; like the software didn't stop the mechanical and it just went on and on. But the noise was rather loud.