E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: April Delivery 2005 - 545i Orient Blue/Beige Leather. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Heads-Up display/Premium Sound/Cold Weather Pkg/Park Distance Control/SMG/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg. Currently: 2002 - 530i Steel Blue Metalic. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Cold Weather Pkg/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg.

I apologize if this has been covered previously; can anyone tell me why the CD player and CD changer still operate for about 10 minutes after turning off the ignition and locking the vehicle?

Everytime I come back to the car the last CD played starts at least 2 songs up from where I left off. Is there a way to make it turn off?

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by ChaseCIA' date='May 14 2005, 07:46 PM
I apologize if this has been covered previously; can anyone tell me why the CD player and CD changer still operate for about 10 minutes after turning off the ignition and locking the vehicle?

Everytime I come back to the car the last CD played starts at least 2 songs up from where I left off.? Is there a way to make it turn off?

Thanks!
[snapback]128638[/snapback]
Mine doesn't keep playing. Does the sound also stay on? Sounds like you need to have the dealer take a look at it.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray 545i auto, navigation, premium sound/Logic7, cold weather, adaptive Xenon, Lumbar support, split rear seat, PDC.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by stream' date='May 15 2005, 12:02 AM
[quote name='ChaseCIA' date='May 14 2005, 07:46 PM']I apologize if this has been covered previously; can anyone tell me why the CD player and CD changer still operate for about 10 minutes after turning off the ignition and locking the vehicle?

Everytime I come back to the car the last CD played starts at least 2 songs up from where I left off.? Is there a way to make it turn off?

Thanks!
Mine doesn't keep playing. Does the sound also stay on? Sounds like you need to have the dealer take a look at it.
[snapback]128654[/snapback]
[/quote]
It sure sounds liked you need a free software upgrade
Old 05-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

Right on!! Ask for a free software upgrade and this won't bother you again.

But I can't say other problem won't pop up out of the blue!
Old 05-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by ChaseCIA' date='May 14 2005, 07:46 PM

Thanks!
With my latest CIP16.1 upgrade they fixed the radio always comes on problem. And left me with this one. I have no idea why. It also keeps playing/spinning when muted for a phone call.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='May 15 2005, 12:34 AM
With my latest CIP16.1 upgrade they fixed the radio always comes on problem.? And left me with this one.? I have no idea why.? It also keeps playing/spinning when muted for a phone call.
[snapback]128681[/snapback]
I am having the same problem when a phone call comes in/goes out - the radio/cd did not mute; this happens only after CIP 16.2.

Many a times, I can't seem to hang up the line even after I opted to Hang Up or when the other party hangs up. Ended up unchecking bluetooth and rechecking it, otherwise the "little antennae" keeps blinking and refuses to disconnect.

Is this a bluetooth bug in CIP 16.2?
Old 05-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='May 15 2005, 05:27 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='May 15 2005, 12:34 AM']With my latest CIP16.1 upgrade they fixed the radio always comes on problem.? And left me with this one.?? I have no idea why.?? It also keeps playing/spinning when muted for a phone call.
I am having the same problem when a phone call comes in/goes out - the radio/cd did not mute; this happens only after CIP 16.2.

Many a times, I can't seem to hang up the line even after I opted to Hang Up or when the other party hangs up. Ended up unchecking bluetooth and rechecking it, otherwise the "little antennae" keeps blinking and refuses to disconnect.

[snapback]128743[/snapback]
[/quote]

No thats not my problem nor what Chase is saying. The sound mutes but the CD keeps spinning. So when you return to the car you are a song and a half further along on the album that you were listening to when you left the car.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray 545i auto, navigation, premium sound/Logic7, cold weather, adaptive Xenon, Lumbar support, split rear seat, PDC.

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='May 15 2005, 08:27 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='May 15 2005, 12:34 AM']With my latest CIP16.1 upgrade they fixed the radio always comes on problem.? And left me with this one.?? I have no idea why.?? It also keeps playing/spinning when muted for a phone call.

[snapback]128743[/snapback]
[/quote]
I guess that's what's so useful about the forum. You don't realize you have an issue until you hear someone else complain about it. I couldn't understand that when I started a call I was at track2 and when the CD went back on it was at track5.
I also lost my little phone icon after having an alarm go off in the Treo and had to reset the phone to get it back.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ChaseCIA' date='May 14 2005, 10:46 PM

Thanks!
That happened to me too but with the radio after having an issue with being unable to disconnect my phone after a call with a call waiting interupt. It has only happened once and not repeated since.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: April Delivery 2005 - 545i Orient Blue/Beige Leather. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Heads-Up display/Premium Sound/Cold Weather Pkg/Park Distance Control/SMG/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg. Currently: 2002 - 530i Steel Blue Metalic. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Cold Weather Pkg/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg.

Thanks for the feedback. I've started to leave the radio on when leaving the car so the CD will stop playing. This way when I return to the car the CD will begin playing from where I left off.

I'll have the software checked when I get to the dealer.

As always thanks for the assist!

Quick Reply: CD Player