E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD autochanger always on

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

I have the 6 CD autochanger.
I notice that this doesn't stop when I switch off the audio when driving, but keeps playing on and cycling through the CD drive

It also seems to clunk away changing disks sometimes when parked

Is this normal ? Could this be contributing to my problems getting flat batteries when parked (failed to be fixed by the dealer so far)
Old 09-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by new-kid' date='Sep 26 2005, 05:35 PM
I have the 6 CD autochanger.?
I notice that this doesn't stop when I switch off the audio when driving, but keeps playing on and cycling through the CD drive

It also seems to clunk away changing disks sometimes when parked

Is this normal ?? Could this be contributing to my problems getting flat batteries when parked (failed to be fixed by the dealer so far)
[snapback]175332[/snapback]
I've noticed the same thing. Every so often the glove box will start clicking as it changes discs even though nothing is supposed to be playing.

I've noticed that if I stop (i.e., mute) the audio while I'm driving it stays off but when I re-start the car is when it starts cycling through the track and discs. Strange.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Space Gray

same here! same situation......i had to finally just take out the changer cartridge for fear of my car "not sleeping"....
my car has already DIED on me, and BMW's "bulletin" and excuse was because i keep a phone charger always plugged in??? yes i have read the bulletin...and it hasn't happened again since i stopped leaving the charger plugged in...
but it is a PAIN in the __ to have to always disconnect a charger cable for fear of my car DYING on me.....seems silly that i should have to worry about something like this......especially since using the bluetooth requires constant charging of the phone....my 45-60 minute commutes wihtout charging the phone can practically drain the battery......

i had the AUX input installed in the glovebox, and when this happened i was under the impression that the CD changer no longer worked ....since i needed that input for the AUX.....but i think i just read somewhere that this is not true....that its' the IPOD stuff (that we have yet for our 5's) that robs us of the CD changer input...
i will try out the cartridge this evening....but i can't leave it in, even if it does work, for fear of battery drain.....
i'm screwed either way....

cheers...jj
Old 09-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

All three of you need to give us more information on car model year, production date, and most importantly the CIP version. Then we can help you all more. The ability to turn off the audio system first became usable across a broad range of model configurations with CIP 16.1. It still had some limitations and may have been defeated again with a more recent change but all is supposed to be back in working order with CIP 18.1. But u really need to help us with info before we can help u.

And Audio Aux Input and 6 CD Changer work together nicely in all E60 configurations when u have both.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:30 PM
All three of you need to give us more information on car model year, production date, and most importantly the CIP version.? Then we can help you all more.? The ability to turn off the audio system first became usable across a broad range of model configurations with CIP 16.1.? It still had some limitations and may have been defeated again with a more recent change but all is supposed to be back in working order with CIP 18.1.? But u really need to help us with info before we can help u.

And Audio Aux Input and 6 CD Changer work together nicely in all E60 configurations when u have both.
[snapback]175888[/snapback]
I have CIP 18.1 and despite my complaints the problem is not completely resolved.

The CD player or changer does stop when you mute but will resume spinning even though muted if

1) You stop and restart the car
2) You end a phone call.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Sep 28 2005, 01:17 AM
[quote name='cobradav' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:30 PM']All three of you need to give us more information on car model year, production date, and most importantly the CIP version.? Then we can help you all more.? The ability to turn off the audio system first became usable across a broad range of model configurations with CIP 16.1.? It still had some limitations and may have been defeated again with a more recent change but all is supposed to be back in working order with CIP 18.1.? But u really need to help us with info before we can help u.

[snapback]175888[/snapback]
I have CIP 18.1 and despite my complaints the problem is not completely resolved.

The CD player or changer does stop when you mute but will resume spinning even though muted if

1) You stop and restart the car
2) You end a phone call.
[snapback]176182[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mine behaves (or misbehaves in exactly the same way). I have a July build E61 530Xi. I'm not sure of my CIP but I have perspective view and my eyebrow LEDs work.

In my car there is no way to turn off the audio source, I can only mute it. The station or track number still shows in Idrive and I have the soundbuster icon next to it.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

I am afraid I don't know the sofyware version either - other than the navigation at least was upgraded circa March time and has perspective
Car is a May 2004 530d
Old 09-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black (Base + PDC)

Seems to relate to the other problem I have...how to actually turn the audio off...there suppose to be a 'date' displayed when the audio is off...but the audio only goes to 'mute'.... :thumbsdown:
Old 09-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vffun' date='Sep 28 2005, 08:50 PM
Seems to relate to the other problem I have...how to actually turn the audio off...there suppose to be a 'date' displayed when the audio is off...but the audio only goes to 'mute'....? ? :thumbsdown:
[snapback]176524[/snapback]
I have CP 16.1 and dont seem to have the problems with CD changer you mention. It only clicks away when I stick a new CD in, when it goes through it full scan of all CDs, but thats the only time.

hope this helps I have a Nov 2004 build E60.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Members

Ditto

CIP 18.0 and it happens when I first start the car.... :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: CD autochanger always on