E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCC Upgrade Question 07 525i

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i 6 spd ... [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/shebuilt/e60/DriverSide1.jpg[/IMG]

Hello forum. I searched but didn't find information specific to my question. I purchased a e60 with no nav and cd only. Original owner put in aftermarket crap and I want to convert back. He had the small amp and I think when I reconnect I can hear the subs underneath seat. My question is can I simply buy the CCC with the DVD and find a new screen to install?

I am sure someone upgraded ... if I can get a list of what is needed? The shop took the other amp ( maybe logic 7)? Appreciate it!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Aftermarket in the car? That means you don't have the origninal MASK or CCC (whichever you have) in the car? I'm surprised a lot of things still work this way.
Give me the last 7 digits of your vin and I can see what options the car originally came with. If it is not pre-wired for Nav then you'll have a lot of work ahead of you. OR you can just buy and put original equipment back in which will lack. Can you post up pics with what you have now? don't forget the last 7 of the vin. thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i 6 spd ... [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/shebuilt/e60/DriverSide1.jpg[/IMG]

The original CD and radio are still there and work with i drive. You can't hear a thing because I believe he bypassed all in car. The last 7 are B9923353.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by shebuilt
The original CD and radio are still there and work with i drive. You can't hear a thing because I believe he bypassed all in car. The last 7 are B9923353.
Oh i see. you had one extra 3 in there.

Anyway I'm showing
S663A RADIO BMW PROFESSIONAL Radio BMW Professional
S697A AREA-CODE 1 Area-Code 1 for DVD
But you said "buy a screen" and so forth so it's confusing. Do you have a CD slot and no DVD slot? So you do not have navigation. How wide is the LCD screen I assume 6.5 inches right? Then you probably do not have a CCC, you have a MASK controlling audio. The OE amp is in the boot on the driver's side above the rear wheel. Check it out.
So what is the exact problem and what do you want to do about it? You want to go back to all original? Ok well you're going to have to unwire whatever was wired in. If the iDrive works then there isn't a problem, just take out aftermarket stuff.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

I think he meant by buy screen as in 8.8" screen for CCC.

OP- I have a full CCC system for sale in the classifieds.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29
I think he meant by buy screen as in 8.8" screen for CCC.

OP- I have a full CCC system for sale in the classifieds.
he/she has a screen so why buy a screen. if the OP buys a screen 8.8 it's not going to display correctly with a 6.5 AND the side of the plug connector will need to be shaved down to fit. If the OP wants to change out the entire system tha's a different story then the 8.8 will work properly and display the split screen the CCC option has. Will still need coding to make it work.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Contributors

Looks like he already know that he will need a CCC

Originally Posted by shebuilt
My question is can I simply buy the CCC with the DVD and find a new screen to install?
Old 06-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Do you realize the poster doesn't have a CCC to begin with? I understand you want to sell your CCC setup but the poster will have to upgrade the entire system.

Do you have the voice options, split controls and the idrive controller to along with that CCC and CID you're selling? Do you have everything neeeded to convert it over and can you help the poster code everything so he/she does not have to spend $300 or so? Go call Fields BMW and ask them how much they'll charge. Or I know you and Patrys work together so maybe you can do it remotely. If so tell the OP how much you'll charge
Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Do you realize the poster doesn't have a CCC to begin with? I understand you want to sell your CCC setup but the poster will have to upgrade the entire system.

Do you have the voice options, split controls and the idrive controller to along with that CCC and CID you're selling? Do you have everything neeeded to convert it over and can you help the poster code everything so he/she does not have to spend $300 or so? Go call Fields BMW and ask them how much they'll charge. Or I know you and Patrys work together so maybe you can do it remotely. If so tell the OP how much you'll charge
First of all I'm not selling my CCC system, if you look at this thread you will see that I had M-ASK https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...tallation-log/

The CCC I'm selling is for a fellow forum member. I'm installing his CIC/Combox/Apps retrofit which happens to be the fourth one I've installed.

Regarding the split controls and idrive controller, yes I have it

I happen to know Fields service manager and a couple of their mechanics I don't get raped when I go there

I hope I've answered all your questions.

Regarding Patrys, yes we work together but I consider him more friend. So yeah, I can arrange the remote coding to be done.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

ok thanks for clarification

Quick Reply: CCC Upgrade Question 07 525i