E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCC Software update -> Possible CCC malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Hey all,

Happy newyear, first of all. Best wishes, etc...

Anyway, went to the dealer yesterday and asked about a software update for my CCC. I have NavPro, but got really old software (no MP3 support and my iPhone 3G doesn't recognize the car).
So, first of all, they looked at me weird because of the MP3 thing (they kind of looked like i was a ghost), then i showed them the BMW SIB about MP3 playback not available (i printed it and took it with me) and they kinda acknowledged it was possible.
The costs of the update would be around 300 euro's.

So, i wanted to make an appointment to get the software updated, but the service guy warned me.
It's possible that the CCC breaks down during an update and i would have to pay for replacing the unit (1500 euro's).
Is this normal? (I'm out of warranty at the official dealer ship)
I would expect that if i pay 300 euro's for a software update, i could expect some professionality.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='757178' date='Jan 1 2009, 11:47 AM
Hey all,

Happy newyear, first of all. Best wishes, etc...

Anyway, went to the dealer yesterday and asked about a software update for my CCC. I have NavPro, but got really old software (no MP3 support and my iPhone 3G doesn't recognize the car).
So, first of all, they looked at me weird because of the MP3 thing (they kind of looked like i was a ghost), then i showed them the BMW SIB about MP3 playback not available (i printed it and took it with me) and they kinda acknowledged it was possible.
The costs of the update would be around 300 euro's.

So, i wanted to make an appointment to get the software updated, but the service guy warned me.
It's possible that the CCC breaks down during an update and i would have to pay for replacing the unit (1500 euro's).
Is this normal? (I'm out of warranty at the official dealer ship)
I would expect that if i pay 300 euro's for a software update, i could expect some professionality.
Only a guess here, but if you bring in your car and the CCC works with no issues and during the update they "assume the risk" of updating your car and they do it improperly and cause damage to your vehicle, they should be obligated to repair or replace anything they damage that is in working order once the repair had begun. Honestly they are the BMW certified mechanics, so they are the ones who should always assume the risk.

As long as you dont sign any documents that states you are assuming the risk of damage to your vehicle during the upgrade you should be covered.

GL
Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

I dunno man, can you take it to a different dealership? Hell, even find a decent independent shop able to do software updates? I wouldn't be trusting anyone telling me what they told you. Plus, isn't 300 EU pretty expensive for an update? An independent charges about 90 EU here in Dubai. The dealership charged me about the same for a software update (wanted to charge 800+ EU for a Nav Retrofit update though lol).

Get a second opinion is my advice.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 530i

I guess 300 EURO for an update is a bit too much. Here in Slovenia an update at BMW dealer costs only 100 EURO
You should go to another dealer in your country and ask there for an update...

Is your CCC working without any problems? If you already had some CCC problems then you might have more problems with it after update...
Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Are they mad?
?300 for something that for them is free?
Tell him even sux cars read mp3 and you offer ?50-75, not more. Otherwise you will change dealer for your next service.
They asked me EUR100 or 150, I didn't remember.. I gave them ?50.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Members

He is telling you rubbish, they dont even know about it or how to do it. I live in assen and had an ipod adapter fitted, they told me all sorts of stories. I had to tell them how to do it. The update is not 300 euro...phone BMW offices not the garage and ask them, I paid 200 euro, they do however need to activate the MP3 in a different system after they have upgraded the software. They keep it over night because they are worried of crashing it and needing to do it a couple of times.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Members

I can also confirm like Levci from Slovenia, that in Slovenia and also in europe complete upgrade (about 25 modules) costs in complete aprox. 100 eur
Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Finally found a dealership that will update all modules and enable MP3 and the iPod interface (will be built in next friday) for 160 euro's.
That's much better

I know it's still a little bit steep, but unfortunately, this is Holland and everything is expensive.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='758331' date='Jan 3 2009, 05:22 PM
Finally found a dealership that will update all modules and enable MP3 and the iPod interface (will be built in next friday) for 160 euro's.
That's much better

I know it's still a little bit steep, but unfortunately, this is Holland and everything is expensive.
That's nice! I mean the new dealer, not the expensive prices .
Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535dA M-Sport Carbon Black Nasca Black leather AFS Comfort Access Moonroof Active seat vent Xenon Navi Prof. Night Vision HUD High Gloss Shadow Line

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='758331' date='Jan 3 2009, 04:22 PM
That's much better

Hi OverSoft,

There is a possibility that the CCC will crash, although that probably won't happen.
Regarding the price, you should pay for around 1 hrs. work. The people who claim that it costs nothing for the dealer clearly have no understanding of runnig a business. It's won't take a mechanic an hour, but he does shave to hook the car up to the computer and the battery charger. That equipment is expensive and has to be paid also!

Hibberd is right that they probably want to keep the car overnight

Quick Reply: CCC Software update -> Possible CCC malfunction