E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CCC / Coding Issues E61

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 11:14 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535D
Default CCC / Coding Issues E61

Hey all, hoping someone can help me with an issue I have. When I picked up my E61 it had an issue with its CCC system, mainly only working when the car was cold first thing in the morning & when it wasn't working it was constantly boot looping. I looked online and saw a guide to repair by taking it apart and reflowing it, which has sort of worked.

Since doing this the CCC starts every time with the car & works perfectly EXCEPT I now have no audio, and I cannot select any audi inputs (showing AM / FM / CD / AUX). They are all greyed out & unselectable - I have tried putting a CD in the car and it doesn't make any differece. Of course I have taken it out and apart again, checked all connections and fuses etc and put it all back together to get the same result.

Looking up this issue it seems that this is possibly a coding error? when taking the CCC apart i noticed the seal was broken so assumed it had been repaired/replaced before. Through the scanning that I have done it does have a seperate VIN number to the car so was not original on the car. It looks like the best way is to VO or "default code" the ccc to the car, done by coding the following using NCS expert from what I have read:

CHOST
CAPPL
CGATE
CAUDI
CTUNE

the first three execute fine, but the last two when I try to run the job I get the attached error codes back. Also so far I have not been able to recode the VIN, would this be an issue also? I have tried using Tool32 but I get an error with this also.
I have tried using BMW-Dash but I get a cable error on this, I just have a basic K+DCAN one from amazon, from what I see online I think maybe I need a more expensive one.

I am sort of losing my mind on this, does anyone have any ides on what these error codes mean & how I could get these last two ones working? and also how to code the vin if this could be having an impact also?
Alternativley if anyone is or can reccomend anyone around the southwest UK that may have better equipment or know how who could have a look at it for a few bob etc it would be much appreciated.

TIA all

Old 08-13-2022, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 312 Likes on 299 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

You use WINKFP to code the VIN once done then default code the module. Looks like you are choosing the wrong module to code or your switch on the cable is in the wrong position. If you don't have a switch you may have the wrong type of cable.

Steps to program VIN:

INPA: UIF (User Information Field) Report
1-Open INPA>select your car model (E60)>Functional Jobs>F3 UIF
2-You'll see a list of all control units with their ZUSB number and VIN
3-Print to PDF the report.
4-Identify the ZUSB number for the CCC and copy/write in down and close INPA

WinKFP: Edit VIN and Flash Module
5-Open WinKFP (Load SPDaten files)
6-Select comfort mode
7-Then click find ZUSB
8-type the number you copied
9-this will go straight to the right ZUSB
10-Then enter your full VIN and then click on done
11-Double check that the module your going to flash it's safe to flash with your cable and the battery needs to be connect to another power source
12-Click on update ZUSB (this will flash the module with SPDaten files and re-write the VIN)

Steps to code:

1. Start NCS Expert, load profile ExpertMode
2. Press F1 (FG/ZCS/FA)
3. Press F3 (ZCS/FA f.ECU)
4. Select your chassis (e60)
5. Select CAS
6. Press F6 (Back)
6b (Optional): Make backup of FSW_PSW.TRC located in /WORK folder
7. Press F4 (Process ECU)
8. Select the first module you need to code (CGATE)
9. Press F3 (Execute job)
10. F4 (Process ECU)
11. Select next module (CHOST, then CAUD, until all five are coded

In this order:
CGATE
CHOST
CAUD
CTUNE
CAPPL

This should get you were you need to be. I have 2 cheap cables off Amazon. They work you just have to know how to use them.
Old 08-14-2022, 04:22 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535D

Hey, thanks for getting back to quickly with such an in depth reply.

No my current cable does not have a switch, so first things first I'll get the correct one on order, this is one on amazon I can see with a switch:

Amazon Amazon

Whilst waiting for that to arrive I'll do some more reading & research, as I am not clued up on SPDaten files or how to get/use them. I have a second car so can just connect that to the battery as if I was going to jump it for the connection to a power source.

Looking through the instructions, I wonder if I might have the wrong version or profile on NCS expert. I downloaded from bimmergeeks website - but my options and buttons are different from what you've described and are as attached. Unless this is also because it's got the wrong cable? If there is a better version or profile I need to use please let me know and thanks again.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 312 Likes on 299 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

I use version 4 NCSEXPERT. You need to find and download revtors profile then upload the correct profile depending on what version NCSEXPERT you're using (either 3 or 4).