E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Cars in the garage

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 03:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i sports package, Nav, HUD, cold weather, Prem sound, Orient Blue, Auburn int. Steptronic

Well after waiting 5 weeks, lots of anticipation and lots of reading this board, I took delivery Tuesday.

The delivery was a nightmare!. They told me to be there at 1. When I arrived my CA informed me my car wasnt quite ready yet. What an understatement. After numerous trips into the shop/detailing center, it finally arrived at 3. To make matters worse, the CA got me in another car to start demonstrating the features. To say he didn't know anything about the car, is an understatment. On numerous occasions he said he needed to refer to the manual and frankly was just wrong. I finally let the Sales manager have it. I told him I had lived up to my end of the bargain and wanted to know why he couldn't. They acutally gave me a new CA who really knows the car. In the end it took 4 hours to deliver my car and frankly Iwas very frustrated instead of excited about my new car.

Yesterday was spent just driving and I will say without a doubt, the wait was worth it. This is the finest car I've ever owned. Can't wait to get back in it. Thanks to everyeon on this board for the information and help!!
Old 11-18-2004, 04:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Your are welcome! Enjoy, because You have earned that!

Skaffa
Old 11-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdpike' date='Nov 18 2004, 01:53 PM
Well after waiting 5 weeks, lots of anticipation and lots of reading this board, I took delivery Tuesday.

The delivery was a nightmare!. They told me to be there at 1. When I arrived my CA informed me my car wasnt quite ready yet. What an understatement. After numerous trips into the shop/detailing center, it finally arrived at 3. To make matters worse, the CA got me in another car to start demonstrating the features. To say he didn't know anything about the car, is an understatment. On numerous occasions he said he needed to refer to the manual and frankly was just wrong. I finally let the Sales manager have it. I told him I had lived up to my end of the bargain and wanted to know why he couldn't. They acutally gave me a new CA who really knows the car. In the end it took 4 hours to deliver my car and frankly Iwas very frustrated instead of excited about my new car.

Yesterday was spent just driving and I will say without a doubt, the wait was worth it. This is the finest car I've ever owned. Can't wait to get back in it. Thanks to everyeon on this board for the information and help!!
[snapback]57646[/snapback]
Hope your experience will fade with the driving. Hey, don't forget to post some pictures.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

congrats ! can't wait to see the pics .
Old 11-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

congrats and enjoy ur ride~
Old 11-19-2004, 02:30 AM
Senior Members

You probably know that 99% of the board members no more than the average CA. Mine was very good and knew the car top to bottom but I still knew a few interesting facts that made him ask "where did you get that from?" Enjoy the car .
Old 11-19-2004, 09:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i sports package, Nav, HUD, cold weather, Prem sound, Orient Blue, Auburn int. Steptronic

Here's the pictures finally.
Attached Thumbnails Cars in the garage-car_005.jpg   Cars in the garage-car_006.jpg   Cars in the garage-car_007.jpg   Cars in the garage-car_008.jpg   Cars in the garage-car_009.jpg  

Old 11-19-2004, 09:57 AM
JDN
Contributors

Nice color for the seats, almost match the beagle. That beagle looks like he understands he might be taking a back seat, but not in the Bimmer.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Members

Too bad about the experience of peicking up your car, sometimes you end with an individual that has not done any homework on the cars that they are selling or the company they are working for.

Anyways, glad your happy with the car and great color inside and out.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Great looking car.....

the wait is killing me

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Cars in the garage