E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just placed my order for a 530i with the M-Pack in carbon black !!!

I wanted the car in saphire black but that color isn't available in Canada with the M-pack!
I decided to go with a titanium silver but would have to wait until the end of July !!! And there's no way I can wait that long....I can't afford to lose 2 months worth of sleep waiting for my new car !!!

So I decided to go with the carbon black which is available within the next two weeks.....

I've only seen the carbon black once and it really looked like a deep blue to me...I guess at night in low lighting it may look black but it really seems to push towards a dark blue!!!

Most of the pics I've seen on this forum of carbon black cars really come out black on picture !!

What do the owners of this color have to say??

Is it black or blue ??!!! or black/blue !! lol
Old 05-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Members

Best description I have for Carbon black. From a distance is it looks black. Up close in the right light you can see the a hint of dark blue. It is like black with a blue metal flake. I really like the color. Wish it was offered in the states on the 5 series. Would have been my color choice.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d SE Touring Silver Grey / Beige Dakota Media Pack (Pro Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Cd Changer, BMW Assist) Visibility Pack (Bi Xenons, Hedlight wash, Adaptive headlights)

Welcome! My previous car was a carbon black 525d M Sport, and I'd definitely say it was black with a blue tinge to it - everyone who saw it thought it looked blue... Especially blue looking in sunlight, and under artificial lighting IMO. A fantastic colour , though it did take a lot of cleaning

hth

Peter
Old 05-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Senior Members

That's what I thought.....My first impression was blue.....

To someone who's not familiar with this color it would come across as a dark blue.....
Old 05-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

In the sunglight its a very dark blue.

At night its very much black...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=26269

for an example.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JayJay' post='290088' date='May 30 2006, 09:37 PM
In the sunglight its a very dark blue.

At night its very much black...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=26269

for an example.

Which rims are those?? are they the standard 18" that come with the M-pack or upgraded 19" ?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Senior Members

standard m sport rims. 18"
Old 05-31-2006, 02:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

Originally Posted by nwilliams' post='290017' date='May 31 2006, 12:48 AM
I just placed my order for a 530i with the M-Pack in carbon black !!!

I wanted the car in saphire black but that color isn't available in Canada with the M-pack!
I decided to go with a titanium silver but would have to wait until the end of July !!! And there's no way I can wait that long....I can't afford to lose 2 months worth of sleep waiting for my new car !!!

So I decided to go with the carbon black which is available within the next two weeks.....

I've only seen the carbon black once and it really looked like a deep blue to me...I guess at night in low lighting it may look black but it really seems to push towards a dark blue!!!

Most of the pics I've seen on this forum of carbon black cars really come out black on picture !!

What do the owners of this color have to say??

Is it black or blue ??!!! or black/blue !! lol
Well if you ask me the car looks more black/blue than black. In the real sunshine + in my garage it looks like dark blue. Otherwise black to black/blue. Like wnfield said: when you see it from far away you say it is black.

Sunshine:

Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??-dscn8868a__large_.jpg

Black or black/blue:

Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??-pict0004_nummerplaat__large_.jpg

When i went to my dealer to choose my car. There was a carbon black one in the showroom and i was in love with it . It had the appereance of being black, blue and sometimes green during my 360? view of it. That green touch can be seen on the next pics. You see i also had it a little bit last sunday when i took some pictures with my old E39 530d.

Showroom with spots on it:

Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??-dscn7863.jpg

Last sunday (between the grill and the lights there is a gentle dark green touch in it)

Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??-pict0020_nummerplaat__large_.jpg

I hope you now know something more about it .
Old 05-31-2006, 03:17 AM
Members

My Ride: carbon black/black dakota, M package with M aero kit, M suspension and 18" 135 M style wheels - steptronic, adaptive bi-xenon, active steering, moonroof, comfort seats, comfort access, nav pro, logic7, CD, HUD, PDC and some ...

I?d say the same thing: dark blue with a metallic glint in full sunshine or gleaming arteficial lighting, otherwise black, may be with a hint of blue, depending on brightness and angle.

See here for pictures in full sunlight:

Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??-post_5243_1145950734_thumb.jpg
Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??-post_5243_1145950855_thumb.jpg
Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??-post_5243_1145950491_thumb.jpg
Old 05-31-2006, 03:18 AM
Contributors

Some one in here has a carbon black with auburn interior. Each time i see his car I look at the due date of my lease. You can imagine what i am thinking ?

Quick Reply: Carbon Black??? or is it Carbon Blue !!??