E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car worm up

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

then you should check the one next to the one in the shades that one looks chinese,,,
Old 06-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='295903' date='Jun 11 2006, 07:04 PM
If you fail to warm it up the specified way will it damage the engine? Or will it cause premature engine failure?
Any sort of metal you heat up, expands. Givne that you have many moving parts in the engine which warm up at a different pace, it is important that you don't push it to the limits as long as the warm up is not complete. In addition, and very important, the oil will reach its best lubrification characteristics when being warm (oil gets thinner) and on top of all that, the seals of your engine will appreciate when the engine is warmed up before you get to the fun part.
I guess with the newest engines and all the computer cutting of the metail pieces and usage of better materials, the warm up time has reduced over the years. Have fun
Old 06-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by madoon' post='296240' date='Jun 12 2006, 04:00 PM
then you should check the one next to the one in the shades that one looks chinese,,,
:thumbsdown: that's sterotyping man :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: or we can call that racist
Old 06-12-2006, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='296305' date='Jun 12 2006, 02:43 PM
:thumbsdown: that's sterotyping man :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: or we can call that racist
LOLO chill man! Just relax...i'm sure that was just an inocent joke with no racism in it, because we all are equal to each other as human beings no matter the religion or race, but that doesn't mean that we can't or should miss the natural differences between races. Asian people will always look apart, black people will always be black and so on...those are just facts.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='296308' date='Jun 12 2006, 08:08 PM
LOLO chill man! Just relax...i'm sure that was just an inocent joke with no racism in it, because we all are equal to each other as human beings no matter the religion or race, but that doesn't mean that we can't or should miss the natural differences between races. Asian people will always look apart, black people will always be black and so on...those are just facts.
Of course people from different country will look different, but if you look at my pictures you wouldn't find me wearing those hats right? That image of the hat associated with Chinese because farmers wear those hats back in the days. I am sure some still wears but that's the image that most people think of, what kind of rational is that you wear that hat you are chinese :thumbsdown:

Can I say people who wear turbins are Indians? No of course not as only some of them wear the turbin because of their religion, you have to understand the fact.

Racism sometimes start with innocent jokes and that's a problem we have to address. I am sure madoon will not be too happy if I say all Arab guys wear that clothe around their head right (Bahrain = UAE). I can say is an innocent joke but I don't think he would agree.

So no racist comments ok guys
Old 06-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

@AC_S5...sorry i did not mean to insult u in any way...and this isnt a racist coment...i didnt think anyone would think of it in that way cause i never thought about it in that way..
but u did say that the farmers where them..
just joking....
and i dont mind if you made a joke of what we wear, as i know its a joke..and like BetterMakeWay said we are all equail...
if you think that what we wear on or heads is strage you should know that many people find the clothes we wear..much more strage...

i dont mind if some one made a joke about my people...that is as long as its funny...and i have just come to notice that no one has laughed at my coment...lol..
Old 06-12-2006, 05:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by madoon' post='296330' date='Jun 12 2006, 08:59 PM
@AC_S5...sorry i did not mean to insult u in any way...and this isnt a racist coment...i didnt think anyone would think of it in that way cause i never thought about it in that way..
but u did say that the farmers where them..
just joking....
and i dont mind if you made a joke of what we wear, as i know its a joke..and like BetterMakeWay said we are all equail...
if you think that what we wear on or heads is strage you should know that many people find the clothes we wear..much more strage...

i dont mind if some one made a joke about my people...that is as long as its funny...and i have just come to notice that no one has laughed at my coment...lol..
Hey it's alright. I think since the world is now a global village, we shouldn't make any kind of jokes like these.

Peace man
Old 06-12-2006, 05:14 AM
Senior Members