E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car won't start!!!!!! help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Sometimes the stealership pays off... probably could have gotten a loaner on this for free as well and they may not stab at resolutions that you are paying for like a $200 key replacement. Speaking of keys, have you used your key often enough for it to recharge the internal battery?

AAA might be worth it too - its like $10 per month(I think). And whats up with the crack shot!? Crack kills!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by eojj
I wish i still had warranty on my car. I honestly feel like i shouldve taken the car to the stealership to get an immediate resolution. If a new key doesn't work i just wasted my time at the indy shop.

speaking of the towing company... When i try to turn on the car now some error symbols came up on the car when i tried to start it (ABS, DSC malfunction) - likely the result of the gay towing truck.. it'll probably disappear once i get back on the road however.
Since the car is still under warranty, better bring it to the Dealer and let them deal with it. GL
Old 11-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

Originally Posted by jaycal3
Sometimes the stealership pays off... probably could have gotten a loaner on this for free as well and they may not stab at resolutions that you are paying for like a $200 key replacement. Speaking of keys, have you used your key often enough for it to recharge the internal battery?

AAA might be worth it too - its like $10 per month(I think). And whats up with the crack shot!? Crack kills!!!
i have used the key for the past month without any problems... drive about 40miles+ everyday. sorry about the crack lol i had to share how my shitty day began.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Members

As soon as that guy tried to lift the front, I would have told him to GTFO and go find a Hyundai to tow by the rear wheels
Old 11-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Didn't you another post up about other issue like DSC? I told you change the battery. You couldnt have went and got a battery for $67 ($77 - $10 core) and probably fixed any issues. If that wasn't you I apologize. If it was you just wasted $50 when for $15 more you could have most likely resolved you issue. Go get a battery!
Old 11-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Originally Posted by evets
As soon as that guy tried to lift the front, I would have told him to GTFO and go find a Hyundai to tow by the rear wheels
Haha nevermind waiting until he tried to lift the front.. I would have told him to gtfo as soon as I saw THAT THING show-up to give me a tow

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but unless I'm literally in sh*ts creek without a paddle.. c'mon..
Old 11-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Didn't you another post up about other issue like DSC? I told you change the battery. You couldnt have went and got a battery for $67 ($77 - $10 core) and probably fixed any issues. If that wasn't you I apologize. If it was you just wasted $50 when for $15 more you could have most likely resolved you issue. Go get a battery!
yes i did post in the DSC thread; however, the error message only popped up once 2 days ago and never popped up again. I don't think its a relevant issue to my current problem. The mechanic said the battery was very strong still (which was the reason why all electronics were able to work). He even tried jump starting the car - to give the battery an extra boost but had no luck. So i don't think its the battery.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by eojj
yes i did post in the DSC thread; however, the error message only popped up once 2 days ago and never popped up again. I don't think its a relevant issue to my current problem. The mechanic said the battery was very strong still (which was the reason why all electronics were able to work). He even tried jump starting the car - to give the battery an extra boost but had no luck. So i don't think its the battery.
I'm telling you I've been through the same issue. Tried jumping batteries that even showed green.

Ok you're call been driving BMW's for a decade now......... again, your call...your $ not mine. Wouldn't you first want to test it out? What if I'm right? Would you be ecstatic?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Ok you're call been driving BMW's for a decade now......... again, your call...your $ not mine.
ahah im not trying to say you're absolutely wrong. I appreciate any kind of input man, i need it! i'm sure we all come on here to learn more about a common interest and more importantly try to save $ by learning! its just that based on the jump start and the car showing no signs of a weak battery via all electronics showing up... the battery is probably not the issue. what do u think of my mechanics diagnosis? he thinks its the key thats not being recognized by the car... Do you/anyone have other suggestions? any alternatives to this?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Members

do you think if i disconnect/reconnect the battery maybe it will reset the computer and accept the key? hmmm

Quick Reply: Car won't start!!!!!! help please