E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car vandalised

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I pull into a car park on Saturday afternoon, turn the car off and some guy comes up and hammers on my window claiming I've parked in "his" space!

Then the guy storms off and punches my car, leaving a dent on the driver's side wing!

Resisting the temptation to throttle this guy I ask him what the **** he thinks he's doing, but he totally denied it, even though I watched him do it with my own eyes.

I gave him the option of paying up (I think the dent can be removed for ~?100 or so) but he refused blank, so I called the police, and he continued to deny it.

Anyway I'm now taking this guy to court (if the CPS won't take the case on I'll sue through a civil procedure). Are there any UK forum members who are a solicitor?

So angry, losers like this should be penalised.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by shiny' post='260531' date='Mar 27 2006, 01:35 PM
So I pull into a car park on Saturday afternoon, turn the car off and some guy comes up and hammers on my window claiming I've parked in "his" space!

Then the guy storms off and punches my car, leaving a dent on the driver's side wing!

Resisting the temptation to throttle this guy I ask him what the **** he thinks he's doing, but he totally denied it, even though I watched him do it with my own eyes.

I gave him the option of paying up (I think the dent can be removed for ~?100 or so) but he refused blank, so I called the police, and he continued to deny it.

Anyway I'm now taking this guy to court (if the CPS won't take the case on I'll sue through a civil procedure). Are there any UK forum members who are a solicitor?

:thumbsdown: Sorry yo be harsh but you can't just be so tolerant when shit like this happens. I know how you feel. AND YES loosers like him deserve a good beat-up. Or their fingers broken. WHAT PEOPLE?!?! Sisssh man...hope you nail the bastard. And if you don't be sure to nail him the other way.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by shiny' post='260531' date='Mar 27 2006, 11:35 AM

Unbelievable ! :'(

Sadly there are some complete nutters about.

Well done for resisting the temptation to slap him - if you had done the idiot would probably be taking you to court.

Double well done for calling the police and I hope you do sue him - he needs to learn how to behave.

I'm not a solicitor, but ... it sounds to me like the problem is going to be that it is your word against his.

The fact that the damage is apparent and that you called the police is going to help establish that 'something' happened.

But, to get the guy in court you would have to have a witness (or ideally a couple of them).

If you have'nt got a witness then - it's tough - but I think you will probably just have to let this go.

I've experience a couple of 'road rage' incidents in my time with idiots trying to get into my car and one particularly stupid twat hitting my drivers window with a wooden brush.

I also had an incident with some kids chasing someone in a car, which crashed into my neighbours cars (not mine), but then was followed by a fracas in which my parked car got hit with a baseball bat.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of them about.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='260534' date='Mar 27 2006, 01:49 PM

Well done for resisting the temptation to slap him - if you had done the idiot would probably be taking you to court.

Double well done for calling the police and I hope you do sue him - he needs to learn how to behave.

I'm not a solicitor, but ... it sounds to me like the problem is going to be that it is your word against his.

The fact that the damage is apparent and that you called the police is going to help establish that 'something' happened.

But, to get the guy in court you would have to have a witness (or ideally a couple of them).

If you have'nt got a witness then - it's tough - but I think you will probably just have to let this go.

I've experience a couple of 'road rage' incidents in my time with idiots trying to get into my car and one particularly stupid twat hitting my drivers window with a wooden brush.

I also had an incident with some kids chasing someone in a car, which crashed into my neighbours cars (not mine), but then was followed by a fracas in which my parked car got hit with a baseball bat.

So then, maybe it owuld have been better to take the bat and "slap" him a bit too. A few swings should do it...Then he would have to have also eye witnesses...LIKE the same that would have probably seen the guy vandalising your car.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='260536' date='Mar 27 2006, 11:53 AM
So then, maybe it owuld have been better to take the bat and "slap" him a bit too. A few swings should do it...Then he would have to have also eye witnesses...LIKE the same that would have probably seen the guy vandalising your car.
Tempting as it always is violence is not the way
Old 03-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='260540' date='Mar 27 2006, 02:01 PM
Tempting as it always is violence is not the way
Yeah yeah. Tell me that after you see a guy with a hammer whaming your jewel of a car for no reason.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='260534' date='Mar 27 2006, 06:49 AM

Yup, I spoke to the police and they weren't sure that the CPS would take the case on, as they would need to "prove beyond all reasonable doubt" that the guy actually hit my car, and without witnesses this is tough to do.

However a civil procedure only needs to prove "probability" - in which case I should secure a result.

Here's hoping.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

normally I act as a gentleman spec. with an E60 not nice when you are tough guy or a MOB guy , so I do respect all people, try to avoid any disputes or stuff, ...

but sew the MF's ###off.... and after he denies me and the damage he did to my baby I wud loose all my temp, do it the other way, teach him a lesson put him in the trunk-he fits nicely ... that he cannot just ruins sy's car, then I say to the police he attacked me and ruined my car, I self-defensed myself that is why he is beaten up so much... DARK SIDE Rulezzz. Last time a guy smashed my 3 month new car's bumper, I got the M one, so I am now happy, and not even shouted at him filled out the paper but if they would do it again and try to act the stupid, then ... there should be no gentleman in us, this is an unjust world today, why we have to respect all the BS they do to you or to your car???!!! Just because of law? I have legal background but come on when law is weak u'd better be storng...

although I never hit anybody nor things happend like that you mentionned, but still I mean hammering your property, in the US you can "almost kill" it on-the-spot ...

Finally, if they put a gun to your head to hand them the keys..., where is the law, and government??? All what police-even with respect and not general- they ask if you had inssurance and case closed!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='260534' date='Mar 27 2006, 12:49 PM

But you see that is my friend, if you are slapped you cannot do anything, you are hurt take a case, and then they say you looked at him not nicely so ... REVENGE!!!! is sweet
Old 03-27-2006, 03:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by shiny' post='260531' date='Mar 27 2006, 11:35 AM

Are you like the rest of us and have recent photo's without the dent, may help your case, point out to the police the fact as it seems that this was his space so he would be annoyed and have reason to cause the damage and have it looked at by a body repair person just for an expert opinion. hope this helps

Quick Reply: Car vandalised