E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car got Keyed :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i.... Saphire Black Metallic...19 inch Axis Milanos....Auburn dakota interior.....ACS rear lip spoiler... And a whole lot of head turns ;)

Well, My car was vandalised last night around 7 pm Eastern time. I went to Fill a prescription at the local grocery store for my little girl. In 15 minutes, some punk Keyed my entire Driver side, from right under the Rear view mirron to the back quarter panel up to near the rear tail lights. And on the passenger side, they dented it right on the body line..... I took it to the body shop looks like its around 2 grand worth of damage or so they say, i really think its less however because its going through insurance im guessing they jacked the price up....

Be careful guys, theirs lots of jealous people out their, that just cant see other people with nice things....

Kris
Old 03-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by 2k6e60' post='255190' date='Mar 15 2006, 12:56 PM
Well, My car was vandalised last night around 7 pm Eastern time. I went to Fill a prescription at the local grocery store for my little girl. In 15 minutes, some punk Keyed my entire Driver side, from right under the Rear view mirron to the back quarter panel up to near the rear tail lights. And on the passenger side, they dented it right on the body line..... I took it to the body shop looks like its around 2 grand worth of damage or so they say, i really think its less however because its going through insurance im guessing they jacked the price up....

Be careful guys, theirs lots of jealous people out their, that just cant see other people with nice things....

Kris

What the HELL is wrong with people Why would anyone get any pleasure doing this to your car. I am truely sad for you my firend, I cant even imagine how I would feel if someone did this to my car. I hope everything works out for you. Please make sure that were you get it fixed is expierienced with high end cars. At the end she will look good as new.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i

Sorry to hear. I get upset when I see a ding on my car. I can't imagine getting keyed.

I believe this, "what goes around, comes around"
Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car got keyed, too. Two lines. One deep, one light.
Sorry to hear that and I can feel your pain. Luckily that my car is Alpine white, so it's very hard to see from 1m.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Sorry for your car. I had the same experience before. I hope these people will get punished.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i.... Saphire Black Metallic...19 inch Axis Milanos....Auburn dakota interior.....ACS rear lip spoiler... And a whole lot of head turns ;)

yeah guys, Its really stupid how people get something outa doing this to others....

Im taking it to a place called european autobody, My dealer only deals with them for body work so i trust they will do a good job... Its funny because they said they will probably have to repaint the 2 doors and the rear quarter panel, all from just a stupid Key scratch, granted it is pretty deep, but i feel as if my car has been raped... I was so anal about getting dings or scrapes now this happens... LoL....

What can yah do, at the end of the day its already happened.... Just gotta move on.. guess its the price you pay for having a nice car..

Kris
Old 03-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

It doesn't matter how small the scratch. If it requires a paint job, they must do the whole panel. Like I said, I learned it in the hard way.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 2k6e60' post='255190' date='Mar 15 2006, 05:56 PM

Kris
Anyone who does this sort of nonsense is a complete w*nker.

Still no-ones hurt & you've still got a nice car so it aint all bad.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 2k6e60' post='255203' date='Mar 15 2006, 10:23 PM
yeah guys, Its really stupid how people get something outa doing this to others....

Im taking it to a place called european autobody, My dealer only deals with them for body work so i trust they will do a good job... Its funny because they said they will probably have to repaint the 2 doors and the rear quarter panel, all from just a stupid Key scratch, granted it is pretty deep, but i feel as if my car has been raped... I was so anal about getting dings or scrapes now this happens... LoL....

What can yah do, at the end of the day its already happened.... Just gotta move on.. guess its the price you pay for having a nice car..

Kris
Totally feel you man. Let me put it this way...
1. My mirrors got stolen TWICE. (just the glasses).
2. Car found a bit scratched on a parking lot on the rear bumper.
3. Tonight when i drove home on a 2 lane road, cutting a bit the rush hour, a jeep of some sort, mitshubishi i think that was coming the other way, i dunno how, it threw a rock from the rear wheels or so, a rock bigger than my fist, almost twice as big, to my front umper with such force that it dented the front bumper to the plastic, didn't crack it but it dented the plastic, then the stone went in the air...rolled in the air, i slameed the brakes hard when i heared and saw it, but it went down to my hood with such force and spinning that it scratched my hood half a palm and made a little whole distorting the structure, and then from the hood went on my windshield and luckily it hadn't so much force to crack it or dent it. I braked hard to a stop put the hazard lights, got down to throw a quick look and then i went after the guy but unfortunately he made a right turn or left turn and dissapeared. Didn't have a time to even have a look ath the car, not to mention number plates or stuff. :'( Now i've got an injured car that will have to go to the bodyshop. :'( I've always feared this.
So in the end...trust me that overall i know how you feel. So many jackass and evil people on this world...
Old 03-15-2006, 10:14 AM
dee
Members

My Ride: 05 545i jet blk/blk sports,sound

Sorry to hear what happened to your car,that really sucks.Just remember everything one does will come back to one ten fold.

Quick Reply: Car got Keyed :(