E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car egged now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, BMW Stainless Steel Pedals, #166 Rims

A couple of weeks ago and noticed a bunch of broken egg shells on the street in front of me, with cars pulled on the side of the road. I was going to fast to stop the car and next thing I know the car was hit with eggs. I took the car to the car wash asap, but the eggs were thrown so hard that they dented the car and cracked the paint. Now the body shop tells me it's $1500 to fix! In all over five cars were damaged and one girl was hit in the head and sent to the local hospital.

Police were called and when they responded found two teenage kids in the area playing a GPS game in the woods?? and let them go??

Now I'm hearing from a friend that a local a teenage boy has been bragging about throwing the eggs to his daughter. I now have his name, but is the police going to do anything if I call them with the information? Should I stop by and talk to his parents, but will they do anything? or should I return the favor?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by sirch' post='633188' date='Jul 26 2008, 02:16 PM
A couple of weeks ago and noticed a bunch of broken egg shells on the street in front of me, with cars pulled on the side of the road. I was going to fast to stop the car and next thing I know the car was hit with eggs. I took the car to the car wash asap, but the eggs were thrown so hard that they dented the car and cracked the paint. Now the body shop tells me it's $1500 to fix! In all over five cars were damaged and one girl was hit in the head and sent to the local hospital.

Police were called and when they responded found two teenage kids in the area playing a GPS game in the woods?? and let them go??

Now I'm hearing from a friend that a local a teenage boy has been bragging about throwing the eggs to his daughter. I now have his name, but is the police going to do anything if I call them with the information? Should I stop by and talk to his parents, but will they do anything? or should I return the favor?
Give the info to the cops immediately - along with the invoice for damages. In your state, it would be considered a CLASS 4 FELONY for your car alone!!! Add the others, and it's a Class 3 felony - no laughing matter!

"Vandalism
Any person who knowingly damages the property of another person commits the crime of criminal mischief. This is a class 3 misdemeanor if the damage to the property is less than $100. It is a class 2 misdemeanor when the damage to the property is more than $100, but less than $500. It is a class 4 felony if the damage to the property is $500 to $1,500. Where the damage to the property is $1,500 or more, it is a class 3 felony (18-4-501). Any county, city, town, school district, person, partnership, corporation, association, or religious organization is entitled to recover damages of not more than $3,500 from the parents of each minor who maliciously or wilfully destroys or damages property. Court costs and reasonable attorney fees may also be recovered (13-21-107(1))."

Citation from Colorado State Judicial Branch information pages and is not intended to be an offer or solicitation of legal services. As always, consult a licensed attorney for specific legal requirements and advice.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

that really sucks man sorry to hear. good luck with the repairs.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

What to do next??? Find the little B*stard and go medieval on his ass!!
Old 07-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i

Originally Posted by sirch' post='633188' date='Jul 26 2008, 05:16 PM

Making a police report, on hearsay, they may not take it seriously. Hearing from 'a friend'? Better off having him, with the first hand knowledge make the report.

Talking to his parents? Again this is based on hearsay, so I dont know how far that will get you.

At this point, taking any action based on what someone else is telling you rather than you having witnessed or having first hand knowledge is a grey area.

Sorry to hear about the damage - good luck with the repairs.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by sirch' post='633188' date='Jul 26 2008, 05:16 PM

$1500 seems high. Instead of Winslows try the Dent Doctor...
Old 07-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Wow, that sucks. Did you get the dent warranty from BMW? Kinda makes me glad we opted for that. But yeah, 1500 does seem harsh. Is it for the dent or is there discoloring too? I know egg does discolor paint as a kid I knew had his hood ruined by some prank involving eggs. But wow, 1500 seems a bit too much.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by NJREDZ06' post='633200' date='Jul 26 2008, 02:37 PM
Making a police report, on hearsay, they may not take it seriously. Hearing from 'a friend'? Better off having him, with the first hand knowledge make the report.

Talking to his parents? Again this is based on hearsay, so I dont know how far that will get you.

At this point, taking any action based on what someone else is telling you rather than you having witnessed or having first hand knowledge is a grey area.

Sorry to hear about the damage - good luck with the repairs.

Ordinarily I'd agree, except that other cars were damaged and damage amounts iplace this into feloneous territory. While a standard police report wouldn't suffice, there are no doubt detectives assigned to the case who may be interested in the information. They may make a decision to investigate - many cases are solved thanks to the inability of some individuals to keep their mouths shut. Teens, especially, have the need to brag - and it seems as though that's what happened in this case.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

eggs cracked your paint and dented your car? wtf kind of eggs are these, anyways, you should track him down and beat him till coughs up the money, or call the cops

egging got old at 13 for me, but we never did it to cars, thats messed up, just houses
Old 07-26-2008, 03:24 PM
AMP
Members

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='633242' date='Jul 26 2008, 03:41 PM
eggs cracked your paint and dented your car? wtf kind of eggs are these, anyways, you should track him down and beat him till coughs up the money, or call the cops
Eggs are really nasty. My 550i and 330i got egged a couple of years ago. When the egg hits the surface and implodes the shells make a really nasty concentric ring pattern on the paint. In my case I heard it happen and got there in time to clean the egg off of the cars, but the marks left by the breaking shells were permanent. No dents in my case, but definite paint damage.

Quick Reply: Car egged now what?