E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

car was dead today at work!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

I have been hearing my cd changer making noises like it was been looking for cd's the last few days so I got nervious thinking that it might kill my battery so yesterday I finally remembered to take out the cd changer cartridge.. well today I get into work at 5am and I go try and start my car at around 4:30pm and the car is dead as a door nail!!!! I call my servious manager and he tells me to get the car jumped and bring it in.... this sucks while he was checking my key in the key checker thing he says "your car has an other recall!!" anyone know what the recall was for? Plus I thought BMW was supposed to let you know when there are recalls? Also I don't have nav. but I have been reading here (and of course I can't find the topic) that there is some update that BMW can do (but you have to bust chops) to get the MP3 to work, can I get it to work for non-nav? My car is o5 but last time they told me my car build date was 4 months to late and my car will never be able to have mp3 working. If that new topic is able to work for my e60 can someone please send me what I have to show my service manager he told me if I can find it he would look into it and do it for me...
THANK YOU GUYS...
Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John007' post='393351' date='Feb 19 2007, 10:11 PM
I have been hearing my cd changer making noises like it was been looking for cd's the last few days so I got nervious thinking that it might kill my battery so yesterday I finally remembered to take out the cd changer cartridge.. well today I get into work at 5am and I go try and start my car at around 4:30pm and the car is dead as a door nail!!!! I call my servious manager and he tells me to get the car jumped and bring it in.... this sucks while he was checking my key in the key checker thing he says "your car has an other recall!!" anyone know what the recall was for? Plus I thought BMW was supposed to let you know when there are recalls? Also I don't have nav. but I have been reading here (and of course I can't find the topic) that there is some update that BMW can do (but you have to bust chops) to get the MP3 to work, can I get it to work for non-nav? My car is o5 but last time they told me my car build date was 4 months to late and my car will never be able to have mp3 working. If that new topic is able to work for my e60 can someone please send me what I have to show my service manager he told me if I can find it he would look into it and do it for me...
THANK YOU GUYS...
Same problem here. Look for a software fix from BMW in mid-March. That is the word from my service manager.