E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car brutally savaged by a 2yo

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

After carefully washing and rejexing my car this weekend it was ready for its first outing... As my 2 year old daughter sets eyes on my shining car she runs upto it and hugs it with enthusiasm.... From 5 paces back I could hear the sound of coat-zippers hitting the side of the car, leaving two small but noticable dinks in the paint

Looks like I found something that Rejex does not repel :'( ... Oh well, I guess that I should be consoled by the fact that my daughter shares my enthusiasm for BMW
Old 03-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You need to get one of those invisible fences they have for dogs but use it for the kiddies!

Bummer about the car...
Old 03-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Hi Marty

Sorry to hear about your car...... at least she didn't take the keys off you and drive off into the sunset in it..!!

Give Paul Dalton a call on his mobile : 07788 441150. He does all my cars now.. Maybe he can do something with the dinks for you. He really knows about paintwork. Tell him Tim told you about him.

His site is www.miracledetail.co.uk

All the Best

Hobi
Old 03-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Kids; they just dont understand that are cars are are bestis toy
Old 03-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530ia, saphire black on black dakota leather, steptronic, sports package and premium package; heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, auto bixenon headlamps, rain sensor, dynamic drive, active steering, 18" rims, Harman Kardon L7, CD Changer, poplar wood with chrome accent on steering wheel and shifter, build date 10/2003

sorry about your car...

Sounds like one time when I spent three hours detailing my car one day. My brother comes over and brings the 2 1/2 year old little one... later that evening: "do you love uncle's shiny car!?" as she runs with full force into the passenger side trying to hug it, and her little fingerprints were all over the place!... it WAS cute though.

I agree with earlier post, get one of those invisibles fences.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I have two words:

Car Cover
Old 03-21-2005, 04:29 PM
JDN
Contributors

Get pictures. Add them to the family album. Will make a great story to tell her 20 years from now.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

I feel your pain. :'( It took me years of constant reinforcement, "stay away from the car!", "don't lean on the car!", "keep your hands off the car!", "don't throw that around the car!" But it has paid off. They seem to be more carefull around my car. My kids (5 & 8), along with their mother now joke about my protective nature around my car. My wife's SUV, on the other hand, shows its duty as a kid transport and could use some of that repel I've read about on this forum recently.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Thanks for the sentiments - I will be investing in one of those fences

I can top this story with that of my brother-in-law. He returned home straight from
the dealers with a fully optioned Volvo T5 Estate (when they were new and popular) - only delivery miles on the clock.

While he went inside to gather the family to admire the shiny new car his youngest daughter (about 2yo) wandered upto the car, picked up a large stone and proceeded to draw a line right around the car. Nearly every panel ended up with a scratch in it.

I will leave his reaction to your imagination - Luckily his dealer took the car back and managed to polish-out virtually all of the scratches.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='Mar 21 2005, 09:41 PM
at least she didn't take the keys off you and drive off into the sunset in it..!!
[snapback]104731[/snapback]
Giver her a few years - even now when she goes upto the car she heads for the drivers door with an expectant look on her face!

Quick Reply: Car brutally savaged by a 2yo