E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car broke down...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007
Unhappy

Well, the car just pass 7500 miles and I'm enjoying a Sat. morning drive w/ the family... on the way to my kid sport practice driving around 40-50 miles suddenly a big bang and felt a combination of somebody rear ended me and/or hit something big on the road then almost instantly my dash lit up like x-mas tree w/ warnings... AWD & DSC failed, DBC malfunction & Transmission failed on iDrive if I remember correctly among few others warnings and the car seems to be limping on a safe mode.

Took the car right into the dealer as it's close by 15 mins later after the transmission decided to lock me out on the 'P' w/ when I dropped off my kid, the engine still running 'cuz I wanted the SA to see everything (just in case) running... over the phone the SA suggested to re-start to see if it'll bail me out from park which it did.

Got to the dealer and couple of the SAs just have confused look on their face looking on my iDrive, then my SA called somebody on the phone and a white 535xi loaner pulled up and ready to go . The will have no way to know anything 'till Monday probably 'cuz Sat. they probably short on people but I have a feeling somethin' big... checked under the back when I pulled in to the service bay and all look dry so not even sure what's going on...

Wish me luck on its full recovery...
Old 08-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear.

As long as no one was hurt when the car hiccupped, well, that?s the most important thing.

Keep us posted.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='462686' date='Aug 26 2007, 08:39 AM
Sorry to hear.

As long as no one was hurt when the car hiccupped, well, that?s the most important thing.

Keep us posted.

Greetings:

You episode was shocking.....when anything like that happens the first thing I worry about is safety. I do, however, invite you to read the post under " Reliability " . Some persons would give you an understanding comment. To me this episode is unacceptable in a $50K-$60K automobile. We are back at the issue of the reliabilty of these E60s.

Chromedome
North County San Diego

PS. The SA couldn't wire your car to thier computer on a Sat. for you...typical BMW poor quality service.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by lmritter' post='462719' date='Aug 26 2007, 02:06 PM
Greetings:

You episode was shocking.....when anything like that happens the first thing I worry about is safety. I do, however, invite you to read the post under " Reliability " . Some persons would give you an understanding comment. To me this episode is unacceptable in a $50K-$60K automobile. We are back at the issue of the reliabilty of these E60s.
Chromedome
North County San Diego

PS. The SA couldn't wire your car to thier computer on a Sat. for you...typical BMW poor quality service.

Whoa, big fella - Don't be so quick to condemn BMW, do we know if the driver ran over or through something, he clearly states that he might have hit something. In addition, most Saturday service hours are curtailed and are not full workdays. What's your beef with BMW anyway?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi' post='462683' date='Aug 26 2007, 08:14 AM
and a white 535xi loaner pulled up and ready to go .
Why dont you just trade them...

Good luck on the recovery... keep us posted.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by lmritter' post='462719' date='Aug 26 2007, 11:06 AM
Greetings:

Chromedome
North County San Diego

Troll
Old 08-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by yayankee' post='462726' date='Aug 26 2007, 11:23 AM
Whoa, big fella - Don't be so quick to condemn BMW, do we know if the driver ran over or through something, he clearly states that he might have hit something. In addition, most Saturday service hours are curtailed and are not full workdays. What's your beef with BMW anyway?

Greetings:

I can that see you have a car on order, I've had mine for 3 years. Look at all the posts on this forum concerning crash test ratings, reliability, poor dealer service and multiple electrical and mechanical berakdowns...that's my beef. The E60 is ridden with problems, no other car forum has so many complaints. Good Luck and enjoy your multiple, long term visits to the dealer for repairs.

Chromedome
North County San Diego
Old 08-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='462736' date='Aug 26 2007, 11:37 AM
Troll

YO:

You want my VIN Number?

go check out all the complaints....
Old 08-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yup you got it!

1st thing I made sure everyone was OK... while everybody has pretty shocked face but all good...

Tkx!

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='462686' date='Aug 26 2007, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear.

Keep us posted.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

Nah... I very happy w/ the car, no, I don't consider this incident a reliability issue and the dealer is really good offered me everything they could (they offer for pickup when I locked out on "P") and not holding me on anything at the service bay and they helped me get going as much as possible for me the dealer did a high quality of service there, I knew on Sat. is their short day so not worry that I'm gonna get anything.

Originally Posted by lmritter' post='462719' date='Aug 26 2007, 01:06 PM
Greetings:

Chromedome
North County San Diego

Quick Reply: Car broke down...