E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Cant reset microfilter interval, Pre LCI Window Anti Trap, Registering battery to car

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT
Default Cant reset microfilter interval, Pre LCI Window Anti Trap, Registering battery to car

Hello everyone
few quick questions. Hopefully someone here can help me out.
Lets start out with the fact, the car has a very low battery and needs to be swapped asap to the point where it barely starts or needs a jump..

I tried today to reset the interval for the microfilter service on idrive all while the car was not running but ignition i on position. I should also state the trip odometer was set at "0000"
Went through the steps,to where it says "reset?"
at this point i let go of the button and then hold it in again for a few seconds and it goes away to the next topic which may be oil change. anyways, it does not reset the interval and the service overdue comes back on.
Ive also tried the same thing but when "reset?" comes back up i tried to let go of the button and press it in for a second and let go. and same result occurs. Still has -1700 i believe and the message pops back up on idrive.
Cant figure out how to change the interval so the message goes away.

2) second topic is the window anti trap function. It does not specify which window. ive tried the passenger window today with the reset techniques. i think its the passenger, up front, window.
So ive tried with the car running and with just the ignition on.
"roll" window down, and hold switch in the down position for 5-10 seconds. (didnt work) so i tried again, same thing.
down, then as i rolled it back up, i held it in the up position for 5-10 seconds. still wouldn't go away.

3) okay, last issue..
If you've read this far i appreciate your time.
now, its time for a new battery. From reading on the site i see the battery must be "registered" to the car.. whatever that means. my old e39 it was a simple swap lol
now with this e60, i need an indy/mechanic? thats crazy
I talked to someone today and i guess if you don't register the battery to the car, transmission faults come into play, radio wont work.. who knows.
what do i have to do to get this done? i will not take it to the dealer. They would send me a trillion dollar bill since the car is an 05 and i'm sure they would want to pretty much change everything. Ha!
so, any help you could provide would be great.
thanks for your time.
-Bill
Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport

regarding 3) y need Inpa / GT1 to register battery or you pay to someone to do it
also many reported if you use the same exact battery for replacement registering is not necessary
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Members

I would suggest replacing the battery before troubleshooting the other two issues. Lots of strange things happen with the e60 when the battery is low.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by kgmccarthy
I would suggest replacing the battery before troubleshooting the other two issues. Lots of strange things happen with the e60 when the battery is low.
my thoughts as well. i gave the battery a charge. i will replace the battery and retry if my 2nd attempt does not work with a charged battery..

does anyone find it wierd the windo anti trap warning does NOT specify which window?
Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Bill109
my thoughts as well. i gave the battery a charge. i will replace the battery and retry if my 2nd attempt does not work with a charged battery..

does anyone find it wierd the windo anti trap warning does NOT specify which window?

It's really not that difficult to figure out. The anti-trap function stops the auto down/up function. Which ever window stops the auto down/up function is the window that has tripped. From the driver side, push the buttons down one by one. Determine which is stopping in stages. Go over to that window's control (ie if it's the passenger rear, go to the passenger rear door). Perform the anti-trap reset procedure. You cannot do this from the driver's control, unless it is the driver side window that has failed. You must reset at the window that needs it!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:40 AM
a1n
New Members

My Ride: e60 LCI
Default micro filter will not reset

Hi guys,

Have an LCI 08 e60, changed microfilter and can't reset it via the odometer steps. I tried the steps, go to microfilter icon, and hold it down, instead of "RESET?" it gived me "OK" and "----" afterwards. I tested the oil icon and it displays "RESET?" just fine, but with the micro filter it just does not want to do it. It says just "OK" and back to the warning next time I check the control messages. Does the LCI model have some hidden steps or it is something else? Tried this a dozen times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.