E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Can't leave the dog in the car without the alarm going off!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530xi - Titanium Silver

You'll know the motion sensors have been deactivated if you look at the alarm active light under your mirror... if its solid red then the motion sensor is deactivated... if blinking then not.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' post='266602' date='Apr 9 2006, 03:51 AM
If you have to lock the car with the dog in it, you're leaving the dog in the car too long.

I take my dog with me everywhere I go, I try never to leave him at home on his own if possible, and all our family vacations are now based on the dog, however, if sometimes I have to go into somewhere for 10 mins and leave him in the car I do not want to leave him in the car with it unlocked.
So please don't patronise me.

Eddie this is what thought, solid red light, and I have never had a problem with any other BMW I have owned, it just seems to be this one. I am taking my wifes Mini in tomorrow for a service so I will follow her and get them to have a quick look.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by -Eddie-' post='266643' date='Apr 9 2006, 04:05 AM
You'll know the motion sensors have been deactivated if you look at the alarm active light under your mirror... if its solid red then the motion sensor is deactivated... if blinking then not.
I agree with Eddie. The clown nose below the mirror will signal you that you've deactivated the motion sensor by staying lit after the second button press. The only thing I'll add is that the light will eventually go back to flashing as the car sits (but the interior sensor is still disarmed.)

Try practicing (without the dog) and watch the light under the mirror...
Old 04-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='266704' date='Apr 9 2006, 02:05 PM
I agree with Eddie. The clown nose below the mirror will signal you that you've deactivated the motion sensor by staying lit after the second button press. The only thing I'll add is that the light will eventually go back to flashing as the car sits (but the interior sensor is still disarmed.)

Try practicing (without the dog) and watch the light under the mirror...
But I have had had an e39 two e46's and now this e61 and never had a problem with it before. I went to the supermarket earlier on the way back from taking the dog out and tried again, I pressed it once and then again (and you hear a second click) and the clown nose stayed lit for a few seconds before starting to flash, and when I came out the alarm was going off again.
Think I just have a problem somewhere.
I will get them to run diagnostics on the car tomorrow and see what they say.

I am wondering if when I removed the interior view mirror looking for 12v swicthed for my camera detctor I may have knackered something? I am sure I will find out tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 530xi - Titanium Silver

good luck... let us know how it goes...
Old 04-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Senior Members

OK.

I got the one of the techs out to show him and when he locked it the red light came on, however when he then gave me the keys to try I couldn't do it!!
I handed the keys back to him and then he couldn't do it either, which made me feel alot better and a little less stupid!

In the end we worked out that I must close the door and make sure I deactivate the sensor first time, if I lock the door and then remember I need to deactivate it I can't unless I start the engine again.

He is going to try in on some other cars, but thinks it could be a bug. The car is going in for voice and mp3 anyway so I will see what happens after the new software is on it.

Thanks for all your comments guys, and don't worry I don't leave the dog in the car for hours, well only if he had been bad, then we beat him with sticks and leave him in there under the mid day sun!! Just kidding Evenflow545
I actually care about animals more than myself, that is why I always take on rescues.