E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't believe my ears

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

So I come to work in the morning and the VM LED is blinking on my phone. Heard and reheard the message. Paraphrasing the message:

"Good morning, this is xxx from BMW of Sterling and I want to let you know that according to the data received from your car, your car is due for the 1-year service and the State Inspection. Please call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx to schedule an appointment at your convenience. etc. etc."

I am like . Is this the really the same BMW dealership that I have been dealing with?

BTW, every story has a :thumbsdown: ... 'guess she hadn't checked that I had already scheduled an appointment a few days ago. But that's just Details!!!Details!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='249410' date='Mar 3 2006, 03:54 PM
"Good morning, this is xxx from BMW of Sterling and I want to let you know that according to the data received from your car, your car is due for the 1-year service and the State Inspection. Please call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx to schedule an appointment at your convenience. etc. etc."

I am like . Is this the really the same BMW dealership that I have been dealing with?
Wow.... I've had to walk in and wait just to get an appointment with the same dealer with either the X5 or the E39 540i. I don't think I've ever been able to setup an appointment on the phone (hold and transfer hell). If VOB wasn't so far I would still use them because getting an appointment with BMW of Sterling had been like pulling teeth in the past. This would be a nice change if I get me E60 from them. Now if I can only get them to call me back about doing a test drive.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='249410' date='Mar 3 2006, 03:54 PM
So I come to work in the morning and the VM LED is blinking on my phone. Heard and reheard the message. Paraphrasing the message:

BTW, every story has a :thumbsdown: ... 'guess she hadn't checked that I had already scheduled an appointment a few days ago. But that's just Details!!!Details!!!!

I received the same msg! on my previous e60 but if i am not mistaken, the msg came out of the car's speakers while i was driving. (i cannot recall well..but i still believe it came from my cars speakers)
Old 03-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

I had a similar thing happen, the car was getting close to its oil change so I went in to my dealer to set up an appointment and it turned out the car had already phoned home a couple of weeks before and the appointment had been set up at that time - funniest thing was that they just forgot to call and tell me! Other than that it's a pretty cool feature! Probably makes life easier for the dealers too.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

So its like that commercial where the guy is singing "the wheels on the bus go round and round...". BMW really do call you...
Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='249423' date='Mar 3 2006, 04:09 PM
Wow.... I've had to walk in and wait just to get an appointment with the same dealer with either the X5 or the E39 540i. I don't think I've ever been able to setup an appointment on the phone (hold and transfer hell). If VOB wasn't so far I would still use them because getting an appointment with BMW of Sterling had been like pulling teeth in the past. This would be a nice change if I get me E60 from them. Now if I can only get them to call me back about doing a test drive.
My point exactly. Prior to this, getting an appt with Sterling was worse than sitting on a dentist's chair. Wonders never seize.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='249427' date='Mar 3 2006, 04:15 PM
I received the same msg! on my previous e60 but if i am not mistaken, the msg came out of the car's speakers while i was driving. (i cannot recall well..but i still believe it came from my cars speakers)
Were you on bluetooth? That might explain why you heard the msg on the car's speakers
Old 03-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 1) 2004 BMW 530IAlpine WhiteLuxury PackageNavigation 2) 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

is bmw of sterling that bad? i was thinking of going to them from now on since i really wasnt satisfied with bmw of faifax.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by snadir' post='249517' date='Mar 3 2006, 07:23 PM
is bmw of sterling that bad? i was thinking of going to them from now on since i really wasnt satisfied with bmw of faifax.
I haven't had problems with them once I managed to get an appointment. They're not great but I've been to worse. I have never been happy with BMW of Fairfax. BMW of Alington, VOB and Tischer (Tischer was great) are good. At least from my experience. I'm just glad I live in an area with so many BMW dealers.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

My car says service due on the screen and thats it. I wish I had my dealer call me especially if I had a chick in my car. INSTANT panty dropper right there

Quick Reply: Can't believe my ears