E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Canada E60 Sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll show up with the amg next time its gonna arrive in a week or so Dealer just called today.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jrjoseph' post='1028420
You just missed on last night! just a handful of us but do not know if we will do another one before the snow comes. I will be off weekends starting in a couple of weeks. If we do a weekend one, can a lot more people show up? Pretty bad last night, only 4 showed including myself
we still got a chance to talk about our beloved e60's!

And by the way...not sure what your name is but stay light on the accelerator! You know who you are!! lmao..
Old 10-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535xi

Sorry guys... I was one of those who had to cancel last minute - I was at home curled up in the fetal position fighting a fever!

I'll definitely be there next time!

Originally Posted by suthurnbimmur' post='1028967' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:13 PM
You just missed on last night! just a handful of us but do not know if we will do another one before the snow comes. I will be off weekends starting in a couple of weeks. If we do a weekend one, can a lot more people show up? Pretty bad last night, only 4 showed including myself
Old 10-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Members

Gas question for the Toronto 535 people - what gas do you use?

I'm trying to do what is best for the car (and minimize my chance of fuel system problems), so I'm thinking it's either between Shell 91 (pump says it contains no ethanol), or Sunoco 94 (contains ethanol, but higher octane).

I've read in a couple places that ethanol is the culprit, so I'm tempted to go with the Shell 91, but the Sunoco 94 is much better value (cost wise), and I like the idea of the higher octane.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 10-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Members

started using shell 91 & now sunoco 94 ... no issue for both since I have the car (about 1 year now). Reason for switching to sunoco is that I got the Dinan S2 ECU done and trying to squeeze out the maxium peformance out of it.

BTW, did you get your clear bra done ? Hope it went well.

Originally Posted by Krusty Clown' post='1029379' date='Oct 10 2009, 03:50 PM
Gas question for the Toronto 535 people - what gas do you use?

I'm trying to do what is best for the car (and minimize my chance of fuel system problems), so I'm thinking it's either between Shell 91 (pump says it contains no ethanol), or Sunoco 94 (contains ethanol, but higher octane).

I've read in a couple places that ethanol is the culprit, so I'm tempted to go with the Shell 91, but the Sunoco 94 is much better value (cost wise), and I like the idea of the higher octane.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Members

Sp now I'm going completely off topic; how do you like the ECU upgrade? I'm going to be doing an ECU or piggyback mod in the spring, and am curious why you chose the Dinan. Can I assume it's to keep the warranty? My gut tells me to go with a JB3 and just remove it for service or if I have a problem, but my logical side says to go with the Dinan through the dealer...

As for gas, I'm going with Shell mainly because there's no Sunoco really close to me, and the ethanol seems to be a bigger issue. Once I'm chipped, I may have to reconsider.

Still haven't done the clear bra. I emailed Marco (advanced mobile group), but never heard from him. I'm going to try calling him on Tuesday, as everyone on the 3 series board says he's the best.

Originally Posted by bobblehead' post='1029512' date='Oct 10 2009, 08:35 PM
started using shell 91 & now sunoco 94 ... no issue for both since I have the car (about 1 year now). Reason for switching to sunoco is that I got the Dinan S2 ECU done and trying to squeeze out the maxium peformance out of it.

BTW, did you get your clear bra done ? Hope it went well.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krusty Clown' post='1029573' date='Oct 10 2009, 10:33 PM
Sp now I'm going completely off topic; how do you like the ECU upgrade? I'm going to be doing an ECU or piggyback mod in the spring, and am curious why you chose the Dinan. Can I assume it's to keep the warranty? My gut tells me to go with a JB3 and just remove it for service or if I have a problem, but my logical side says to go with the Dinan through the dealer...

As for gas, I'm going with Shell mainly because there's no Sunoco really close to me, and the ethanol seems to be a bigger issue. Once I'm chipped, I may have to reconsider.

Still haven't done the clear bra. I emailed Marco (advanced mobile group), but never heard from him. I'm going to try calling him on Tuesday, as everyone on the 3 series board says he's the best.

Bro,

The jb3 sure sounds good, the gains are totally worth $... And... the ecu tune..... You should talk to your dealer before doin anything to ur ecu, it could *$#( up your warranty.

My 2 buddies (one with e92 m3, and one with c63 amg) fill up sunoco 94 once a month.
The ethanol in the 94 helps to clean your engine. Once a month is good.

You should take my sprint booster heck of a steal for you locals. $200 CND!
I'll be there for the next meet! For sure!

-Leon
Old 10-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Members

Reason for choosing Dinan - strictly warranty - paid $2600 @ Budds this August. Actually, I was considering the GIAC but the stage 2 was not ready at the time (now GIAC is currently doing beta testing on S2 and should be ready for sale by early 2010).
For piggyback, the JB3 V1.4 I heard is awesone and can easily top out the Dinan S2 peformance in the higher map level setting, without a question. As for Dinan S2, power delivery runs a bit smoother in the 'DS' mode and in the 'MS' mode, that's when I feel the surge of power comes on very fast since I am shifiting it very close to the red line and lastly, not much performance differece in the normal 'D' mode. My overall impression, it's pricey and I am satisfied with the Dinan output (for now), but once my warranty is over in about 3 years, then will be looking to switch to something else or simply just get a M5 .... if I can afford one. LOL

Originally Posted by Krusty Clown' post='1029573' date='Oct 10 2009, 10:33 PM

Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Members

Hi everyone,

I'm jumping in on the CND group here. First post. I'm located in the Toronto Area.
I just purchased a 2007 530xi (I pick it up this Friday). Looking forward to trying the BMW side of the German cars. My current ride is a Merc C320 4Matic, which I've got to sell now. I bought the 530 very spontaneously.

Looking forward to getting to know the group. I'm on www.puremb.com for Mercedes right now as JW-Benz, so I just carried the name over

Canada E60 Sub-Forum-car1.jpg
My Mercedes - C320 4Matic Fully Loaded

Canada E60 Sub-Forum-car2.jpg

Canada E60 Sub-Forum-bmw1.jpg
2007 Black Metallic Exterior

Canada E60 Sub-Forum-bmw2.jpg
Dakota Grey Interior with Comfort Seating

Canada E60 Sub-Forum-bmw3.jpg
iDrive w/ Nav

Looking forward to heading out to some meets with everyone.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Members

Welcome to this forum & congrats on your new toy!

Just want to reference you to a couple of bimmer garage places that you may want to keep in mind when doing some routine maintenace & modifications, rather than going to the dealer which may cost couple of arms & legs. Both charge resonable rates, IMO. There are others garages but lots of bimmer owners recommend the following.

1. RMP Motors
http://www.rmpmotors.com/

2. Bimmersport
http://www.bimmersport.ca/

Originally Posted by JW-BENZ' post='1030915' date='Oct 12 2009, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm jumping in on the CND group here. First post. I'm located in the Toronto Area.
I just purchased a 2007 530xi (I pick it up this Friday). Looking forward to trying the BMW side of the German cars. My current ride is a Merc C320 4Matic, which I've got to sell now. I bought the 530 very spontaneously.

Looking forward to getting to know the group. I'm on www.puremb.com for Mercedes right now as JW-Benz, so I just carried the name over

Attachment 92069
My Mercedes - C320 4Matic Fully Loaded

Attachment 92070

Attachment 92071
2007 Black Metallic Exterior

Attachment 92072
Dakota Grey Interior with Comfort Seating

Attachment 92073
iDrive w/ Nav

Looking forward to heading out to some meets with everyone.

Quick Reply: Canada E60 Sub-Forum