E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Can you tell the difference between PROGRAM 25.2 and 33

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Yesterday my car came back from what the dealer said was a PROGMAN 33 update to fix my issue with the Mute 'sticking' in place. I already had v25.x on it before so I had the new UI.

My question to anyone who has gone from a post 25 version to a post 30 version, did you notice any difference or any changes on the iDrive. Any wording or option changes. I can't spot a single difference and am almost suspecting that nothing was actually done at all. Even a single letter difference would be ok.

They have changed by boot locking from the key fob so that it only opens when the car is unlocked - so I'm hoping that ends all the unnecessary boot openings when you least expect (i.e. you sat on your keys in your pocket inside the house).
Old 01-24-2009, 01:01 AM
ADD
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you be sitting on your keys in the house?

(My keys are in a coat pocket then immediately hung on the key rack when I get home.)

Anyway, what else is available to change like that? Is it UK spec only?
Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='776091' date='Jan 24 2009, 04:44 AM
Yesterday my car came back from what the dealer said was a PROGMAN 33 update to fix my issue with the Mute 'sticking' in place. I already had v25.x on it before so I had the new UI.

My question to anyone who has gone from a post 25 version to a post 30 version, did you notice any difference or any changes on the iDrive. Any wording or option changes. I can't spot a single difference and am almost suspecting that nothing was actually done at all. Even a single letter difference would be ok.

They have changed by boot locking from the key fob so that it only opens when the car is unlocked - so I'm hoping that ends all the unnecessary boot openings when you least expect (i.e. you sat on your keys in your pocket inside the house).
Were all of your mobiles still paired? Any recent destinations still there?

Regarding differences, my car went from 27.x to 32.x and I did notice a few subtle differences in sub menus although I could not tell you exactly what they were.

I always get the Measures Plan from the workshop which details what was changed.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Yup all my data was still absolutely intact. But that has been the case even on previous software upgrades. The dealer said he forgot to tell the technican to get the print out of the updates.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='776179' date='Jan 24 2009, 10:50 AM
Yup all my data was still absolutely intact. But that has been the case even on previous software upgrades. The dealer said he forgot to tell the technican to get the print out of the updates.
Hmmm. Well, if I recall the minute differences, I will let you know but I did detect a few minor changes.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Members

I had my T.C.U replaced yesterday (under warranty) and the dealer said that they where a large amount of updates (as they had to re-code the car). But to be honest I haven't noticed any differences (except my mirrors now fold in when the car is locked but I asked them to set this). My car was one of the first LCI's and I don't think it had had any updates.

I did lose all my pairings and settings etc though.

Cheers

Steve
Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Since you don't have a 535i n54 motor , you won't knowtis much difference... There have been a bunch of updates due to HPFP failures, Tuning blocks / data logging, Turbo waste gate duty cycle changes, SAT upgrade.... and a bunch else dealing with issues.

I don't think there has been a iDrive change since DMS 27-28 area, and that was to change the back ground color... it is more brownish gray now on the newer versions.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bigbadbull' post='776364' date='Jan 24 2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think there has been a iDrive change since DMS 27-28 area, and that was to change the back ground color... it is more brownish gray now on the newer versions.
The background color varies based on which of the four areas you are in unless you mean the main menu. And that wasn't changed around Progman 27.

There have been multiple small changes in menu items, however, if you go from Progman 25 to the current version.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Contributors

My dealer told me that the new PROGMANs are very good at retaining all the user information and detecting retrofits when upgrading software. But there must be something that I can look for to assure myself that something has changed. Even if its subtle colour or wording changes.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='776775
But there must be something that I can look for to assure myself that something has changed. Even if its subtle colour or wording changes.
The problem is that the only way to determine this right now is a side by side comparison. That was quite easy, for example, with the major UI changes in Progman 23. But without images of every screen, it's almost impossible to do by memory.

Quick Reply: Can you tell the difference between PROGRAM 25.2 and 33