E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

can you remove the baby seat stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='353662' date='Nov 8 2006, 04:55 AM
Interesting. It seems that the rear seats are different between North America and Europe. The European seats have very visible plastic tags - rather ugly ones, too - on top of the seat anchors, and no velcro flap.

I'll try to post a pic this evening.
It's possible that the difference isn't between countries but between model years.

My MY2004 with fold-down seats have plastic caps over the LATCH anchor points too.

(another example of why everyone needs to add their location in their profile and their car information <including model year> in their signature...)
Old 11-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I'm guessing the difference is between Fold down seats and non fold down seats.

I dont have fold down seats.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='353894' date='Nov 9 2006, 07:49 AM
It's possible that the difference isn't between countries but between model years.

My MY2004 with fold-down seats have plastic caps over the LATCH anchor points too.

(another example of why everyone needs to add their location in their profile and their car information <including model year> in their signature...)
what do you mean by fold-down seat?
Do you mean the middle bit that folds down to become a arm rest???
Is the hole back row of seat fold down and you can put thing in the boot???
Any pic to show fold down seat!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='353564
I'm guessing the difference is between Fold down seats and non fold down seats.

I dont have fold down seats.
So are you saying that you meant to say "For non fold down seats" in your first post? If so, then yes, the difference is probably between cars that have fold down and cars that don't. Your description of the velcro flap on the fold down seats is what led me to think that they changed something in later model years...
Old 11-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='353960' date='Nov 9 2006, 03:04 AM
So are you saying that you meant to say "For non fold down seats" in your first post? If so, then yes, the difference is probably between cars that have fold down and cars that don't. Your description of the velcro flap on the fold down seats is what led me to think that they changed something in later model years...
Model Years differences may account for some things, but - and I hope I'll manage to scan and post something tonight - the UK MY2007 brochure shows quite a different seat. Which is however identical to my April 2005 car's. I have fold down seats, but no sign of velcro flaps anywhere
Old 11-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='353960' date='Nov 8 2006, 07:04 PM

No... I think I ment for Fold Down seats... I dont have fold down seats and I dont have the velcro flap.

But i remember seeing bmwin14rsm's car who has fold down seats and I saw the flap that folds down where he access the ISO fix anchors.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Members

My Ride: Alpine White 2007 550i

Back to the original question - any way to remove them?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='354183
Back to the original question - any way to remove them?
Is there any way you can post a picture of what you're talking about?
Old 11-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Saphire Black 545i, sport, premium, 20" Asanti's, angeleyes v3, more upgrades soon!

I agree, those little baby stickers look terrible on ANY color interior, or at the very least 'uncool'. If anyone HAS found a way to remove those, PLEASE post a solution.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Ah, the old "Manufacturer's Liability" sticker removal debate I can't stand those HUGH yellow stickers on the sun visors (and other places) that have at least two paragraphs (usually one in another language) advising you that you may be killed or injured .... First thing I do is remove them as I hate the tacky look of those things. Same language is in the OM (at least a dozen times) so any subsequent owner can read that. I view it merely as "lawsuit avoidance" by the manufacturers...can't blame them as Americans seem to want to sue over anything.

Soooo necessary to have my coffee cup labeled "Careful the Beverage you are about to enjoy is Extremely Hot"....sheesh - sometimes we Americans must be the laughing stock of the world. Too bad part of the auto ordering process doesn't ask if you want the moron or non-moron model...then those of us with common sense wouldn't have to suffer for those w/o common sense.....and I have news for you - do you really think those w/o common sense are going to read those labels anyway

To remove stickers use a hair dryer on hot setting, lots of patience and you can peel most of those stickers off. Hardest part is getting the initial corner up, then it's just heat and peel. If there is any glue residue, spay WD40 on a soft cloth and reheat area and wipe with cloth. This has always worked on the sunvisor "You may be Killed" stickers...have never tried it on the seats. Be sure you don't spray WD40 directly on the leather surface as while I don't think it will hurt the surface....best to be cautious.

Quick Reply: can you remove the baby seat stickers?